In case you missed it: yesterday, amidst all the hullabaloo around “fake fan accounts”, I created a Byte profile called “realfans”. Its purpose: to showcase actual, legitimate fans… that is, the type that blow air around a space in an attempt to cool said space or provide the added effect of a breeze.
I’m very amused and excited at the feedback and engagement it’s already experienced after one day, and I’d like to keep it going - but I need a little help. I’m looking to add a new post to the profile every day, but I only have a number of ceiling fans and the one stationary fan I had went kerflooey and almost set my apartment on fire, so I’m somewhat limited in my attempts at variety.
And that’s where you, lovely, fellow Byte enthusiast, come in…
Put quite simply, here’s what I’m looking for:
- a static, one-shot video of a fan you own in your home
- can be any kind of fan - oscillating, ceiling, paper… as long as it is used to provide comfortable airflow, it works
- the fan must be the only thing in the video - this is, after all, a profile dedicated to fans
- no need to edit or add anything to it, just need the video; if you feel like recording the video at an artsy angle to add a bit of character, go for it! (just remember the previous bulletpoint)
- don’t worry about adding your username to the video (the “why” will be further explained below)
That’s pretty much the gist of the thing. Any contributing submissions can be sent via e-Mail to email@example.com; be sure to include your Byte username in the body of the e-Mail, so that you can get credit for being “Fan of the Day” when your video is used. If there are any questions or further clarification needed, please do not hesitate to reach out using the address, as well.
[Apologies for the wordy post. I guess not working and answering correspondences on the daily for a month has finally caught up to me. Anyway, looking forward to what people will submit and add to this ridiculous project I’ve decided to undertake while under quarantine!]