Livestreaming

Keep it hidden, people shouldn’t follow someone b/c of the numbers and I believe they should follow because of the content. Having numbers up can be used for bragging ticket, we all know how that’ll turn out if you give creators options. Cause when other see option is allowed numbers will be visible and many will compete.

2 Likes

yeah you already see people posting fake follower counts on their profiles and it makes me laugh that they think people actually care

2 Likes

They’re desperate, I saw one that says 1m followers and following 60 something :joy::rofl:… but barely gets 1k views. I’m like how :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually really like the live streaming idea. Maybe just a super bare bones version. No effects, emojis flying around, gifs. Obviously no donation. Just a stream and a chat for larger creators to interact with their audiance without resorting to a different app. Keep them on Byte.

Streaming on Byte should only be 6-seconds long. :slight_smile:

There are already lots of app that do streaming, and it’s fraught with peril (hard to moderate live content), so it’s highly unlikely Byte will ever have a live-streaming feature, it doesn’t really fit with the nature of the app which is all about short, looping videos.

1 Like