Limits...limits

creds to amelia for giving the idea of limits in the reply Scheduled Uploads and Time Frame bar

but we should have an upload limit on the v2 app. People are going to be trying to post like crazy and multiple times to get big and to get their ideas out. There should be like a 4 or 6 post a day limit on posting for users so we don’t get cluttered with too many videos. You probably won’t like the idea but just give it thought and reply

9 Likes

Interesting idea, but if someone makes 40 posts in a day, I’m definitely not even going to follow them lmao and I don’t think many others would want to either. Just like how ~300 hours are uploaded to youtube every minute, it’s not like we have to sift through 300 hours to find our favorite videos. As long as the app is designed well it shouldn’t feel cluttered no matter how many videos are uploaded per day

2 Likes

What about the people who have promo accounts? They need to post many timea a day. I think around 30-50 is ok.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like the idea of limiting posts, people should be able to puy out as much as possible

3 Likes

No, I don’t like the idea of post limits. I want to free when I post and what I post.

4 Likes

Sorry but I think we should be allowed to post an unlimited amount of times. Some people on the forum say they may even make their V2 videos a vlog so they would probably need to post tons of videos in order to cover their entire day

5 Likes

thanks for featuring my name in this post :heart:

3 Likes

I don’t think there should be a post limit. If someone’s posting 40+ times a day, I don’t think I’d follow them, nor would many other people. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Shouldn’t we respect the 6 second video limit? I don’t think this platform was meant for vlogs. But that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

I don’t think there should be limits but maybe an option to mute someone if you don’t want to see any of their content in your feed

4 Likes

I totally agree!

1 Like

I agree. There’s YouTube for that. If anything maybe they could post highlights with a link down below, but not an entire vlog :what:

2 Likes

How about a limit like 100. So it won’t bother most accounts, but a crazily spammy account will get hurt.

I don’t Know I feel about the idea, but I agree that people shouldn’t be spamming their accounts

No problem in that, people who upload more than 5 videos per day sooner or later will run out of ideas or get tired of the app.

2 Likes

I understand why there should be a limit, and especially near launch I don’t want the app to be filled with one person’s content, but I think it going to be okay. I just hope old content creators don’t just start by uploading their older content. I want this to be a fresh new start!

2 Likes

I do see where you’re coming from, as we would rather avoid spam on the platform, however, I think it should still be the users choice how much they upload. As others have said, if someone posts a hundred times each day, the quality will be lacking and people just won’t follow them.

1 Like

I think they’re still sticking to a 6 second limit, its more the number of videos being uploaded over the day.

I see your point, but I think there should only be a limit for an account if it’s been flagged before or something like that. Otherwise there wouldn’t be too much of a point

It would be kinda pointless to upload vlogs 6 seconds at a time. Could you imagine watching a 10 minute vlog that’s broken down into clips that are every 6 seconds.