Like Button Design

If you guys remember, the “like” button design used to be a smiley face. Then, sometime in 2016 (perhaps after Twitter bought Vine, iirc), it was changed to a basic heart. A lot of people were upset because the smiley face made the app unique in a way. What do you guys think this should be like for V2?

10 Likes

It should be extremely unique, it shouldn’t be called likes, maybe something unique so people could pay more attention to it

10 Likes

I agree, that’d be pretty cool. But unfortunately I don’t have any ideas haha

It should be fire emojis or something similar… that way all of the videos people post are LIT :smirk:

5 Likes

I think maybe a heart with v symbol in it… :sweat_smile::grin:

8 Likes

i think it should be a nice flat style thumbs up that turns green when you click it

Yeah something new from likes to make it unique from everything else would be cool

2 Likes

that would be nice

1 Like

Maybe it should be a five-petal flower. This would fit in with a plant theme, channeling the name of the original service. A flower shaped symbol, called a hanamaru, is also sometimes used in Japan to as a way of saying “Perfect”, which is effectively what a like is - a stamp of approval by a user.

3 Likes

I really like this idea - super unique and fun

1 Like

Maybe a Diamond because it’s a shape as a V idk haha :gem:

1 Like

Maybe a leaf?

4 Likes

I think that the like button should be something like a star. But like, not a yellow star… Maybe blue, white, or black :joy::blush:

2 Likes

I’d like it to be one of the custom emojis @michael designed for v2, maybe :grin: or something similar.

I wouldn’t say it should be an upvote or anything like that, but I really like the idea of “hitting the dub” (dub being W, W being win). Not in a way of a competition, but it would be pretty cool to leave a “Dub” on someone’s post! So like a W symbol of some sort

1 Like

something simple, but really unique i would like. i definitely agree, the “like” has got to go for v2!

1 Like

How about a flame silhouette? That’s pretty cool imo

3 Likes

I think it should be a “V” so you’re giving it a V. So the video has 300 Vs I don’t know if it sounds stupid but it’s original.

it could be cool to have something with a “V” inside of it, perhaps the basic heart with a v in it? maybe the heart could be the color of the app design… ex. if the app’s colors are green and white then the heart could be green :green_heart: with the v2 logo in white?? :vine:

5 Likes

@ItsMeJoseGChacin and @oliviwhat , I like those ideas better than my “give it a dub (w)” idea :joy:

2 Likes