Like and loop counts off

So I noticed with the 16sec update the like and loop count is off… I’m not a 100 on this but shouldnt the loop count be atleast as high as the like count? Say if the video has 77 likes meaning viewed by atleast 77 people there should be 77 loops as well???

Like I said I’m not a 100% on this… Am I wrong tho?

4 Likes

cc @Lacieyl example :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Honestly, I think it’s viewers not watching but scrolling through just like and not actually watch.

I could be wrong but I’ve noticed this happening across many bytes videos recently

8 Likes

But would that not still count as a 1 loop as being viewed?

1 Like

Normally, yes I’d say that too, but that’s waaaaaayyyy too big of a discrepancy…

3 Likes

Maybe its gotta loop through all the way at least once. With todays attentions spans I can see people getting antsy to move on. I’m a bit guilty in some cases.

2 Likes

Think about it as YouTube view count — it depends. Not, an expert but want to hear from the devs team if this is a bug

2 Likes

I can respect that… They aren’t like punch line vids where you wait for the ending there just like 12-16 seconds of a looping scene set to calming music… So maybe thats it idk…

2 Likes

Same. There is definitely something off.

1 Like

Ya I just noticed it with the longer vids.

1 Like

I just tested it on i e of your 16 second bytea and watched for like 3 straight loops but the loop count didn’t update at all

3 Likes

Also notice even on shorter bytes it doesn’t update the loop number unless I get like halfway through the byte, not just if I quickly scroll through. So that’d explain that

2 Likes

So weird. Well poop. I really like that loop.

2 Likes

I still liked it tho😭

2 Likes

Thank you! :heartbeat:

Yeah, it seems to be all of them unless every person who looped liked. I know I’m good, but I’m not that good.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I wonder if for 16 second loops people have to make it like 8 seconds for the loop to count, whereas for 8 second bytes people only have to watch 4 seconds? I’m just speculating but it’d be interesting to know.

2 Likes

Oh ya I forgot about that rule… This could be the answer… :blush:

1 Like

True and it could be that people did watch it, but didn’t watch until the 16s are over.

3 Likes

If this is true, I think this is actually a good thing to know from the creator perspective. It let’s the creator know that their viewers aren’t really enjoying their lengthy videos, so they either need to draw back on time or keep practicing to get better with drawing ppls attention in the 16 seconds…

2 Likes

This happens to most of my videos regardless of length. There’s just accounts out there with a script to like every video from the looks of it. If .1% of people click on the profile of the person scripting, guess who’s latest video goes to trending.

3 Likes