Let's remove uploading video from camera roll

Not forever but for a while. So the news wrote that byte passed 1 M downloads but they also pointed out byte had content that had been shared in TikTok, instagram and youtube. To be honest, they are not wrong. So, for like 3-4 months or maybe more, the upload from camera roll can removed to fight with problem. When the active user amount increased, this ability can be added again. Any thoughts about that, I mean it is clear that this ability needs improvements right now?

Edit:
Then, I have a better idea. Since there are creators who create their content by using the external app, byte can put the stars in use. For example video uploading from camera can be unlocked when the user reaches 10 stars or something?

2 Likes

there’s a lot of quality/creative content that can’t be made in the in-app camera

23 Likes

i dont think its a good idea due to the reasons mentioned above^

9 Likes

That’s a tricky thing. I uploaded once from a video I posted on TikTok and I sorta feel like it was unoriginal for byte, but on the other hand I created many videos from iMovie and camera roll is the only place to get them up. This is a sticky subject.

1 Like

Then, I have a better idea. Since there are creators who create their content by using the external app, byte can put the stars in use. For example video uploading from camera can be unlocked when the user reaches 10 stars or something?

Also I’m editing this post and adding this.

4 Likes

I think more people would leave if they cant upload from camera roll. But also whats wrong with tiktoks being uploaded on byte? Its no different than a meme on instagram being posted on byte. People post stuff from instagram to tiktok all the time.

1 Like

Yeah but there are too much when its compared to active users on the app right now.

When you remove the ability to upload from a camera roll, you inevitably restrict some creativity for bytes. I don’t feel that this would be a good solution, but I understand where you’re coming from.

5 Likes

take away music.
take away text.
take away long distance collaboration.

and you take away creativity.

4 Likes

By saying we need to earn stars in order to post from an external app is kind of like you’re implying that we somehow don’t deserve the same posting privileges as everyone else. This will turn people off and deprive the app of some really creative and thoughtful content.

3 Likes

well said

2 Likes

I really don’t think anything will happen to creativity, if the person is creative, he/she will find a way to create a content. This idea was only to suggest a solution to content problem in the app. And as I said not till forever, just for 3-4 months, till things settled better in the app.

Well, but with earning this privilege with stars will certainly fix the spam videos problem right now and in the future.

Alot of content has to be “pre-made”. And there is no room for errors if the upload is taken away.

2 Likes

There could be some but not a lot. Tons of posts can be done without needing any edits and etc.

Have you considered some people express themselves differently? By saying we need to do it a certain way is stifling our creativity.

4 Likes

You know creativity is not related with your upload selection?

Your animators, pet videos, and art videos need the upload button.

3 Likes

actually it is.

1 Like

Thats really sad then :confused: