Leaderboard Top 100 for every country

This is pretty cool too

1 Like

I like the idea of leaderboards, but it runs the risk of a certain group of people constantly dominating the top spot all the time. Maybe there’s something that can be implemented (like an algorithm of some sort) that can give everyone a fair chance.

2 Likes

Check out this idea @dom

2 Likes

this would be amazing, that way everyone could get recognition

1 Like

Love this idea. That way you can find smaller creators who are making quality content in your area.

1 Like

The main principle of v2 is to make sure small artists and big artists all have equal opportunity.
So, have a Top 100 leaderboard is kind of a bad idea.
Maybe having “Fast 100 growing” would help small artists who are growing Fast grow Faster. That would be nice.

1 Like

top 100 would most likely be updated constantly if they implemented it
so it really is a GREAT idea imo
it was also implied that it could be a growing fast but it probably would be based on engagement
ALSO a trending type tab would be great

a curated content tab would be nice (like recommended for you)
also should be a boost type button but automation (bot) protection

it wouldn’t be based on followers, they could implement algorithms and also have staff pick content to put on the sections/topics like what spotify does like @jennifer mentioned for the top 100 or new releases or like hot and new or whatever.

Regarding people worrying about big creators:

top 100 in like every/a lot of categories:
There should be a top 100 based on engagement, YES vine should try keep equality but people should get recognition

Top 100 in countries:

7 Likes

Nice organized reply! @Dom

2 Likes

thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I would go as far as even saying top 100 in different states in the US, Australia and Canada

2 Likes

I do not like the “every country” but most definitely allowing you to view the top 100 of your country. Just for simplicity.

1 Like

I love the option for every country @dom you gotta implement this somehow :100: ranking would definitely help in collabs and competition

I feel like leaderboards would encourage competition. Competition to me is not bad at all (I play pubg so I want to win that chicken dinner #1 of 100), but it could also encourage cheaters. Or, people willingly manipulating the system to be more visible (or just to troll top 100).

@joe4893 had the idea of implementing a way to calculate how v2 users are chosen for positions.

@steve gave the suggeston of staff picked content.

Staff picked, I liked for a “Community Voted” section of the v2 service. But still incorporate the user. V2 users can like, or unlike videos just as they would with regular use of the service. Periodically staff would take groups of videos created on the platform, then host a way for us as v2 users to vote. I had suggested a bi-weekly, monthly change for the videos and Artsist.

1 Like

I like the idea of competition too, not knocking that. But after witnessing firsthand on how Musical.ly’s leaderboard works, which is based on how many likes you get the previous day, it makes it difficult to reach the top over time, especially if a certain amount of people get hundreds of thousands of likes more than you. V2 imo shouldn’t create the leaderboard based on that; instead, maybe make it a “trending” or “rising” leaderboard that brings new people to the table everyday or every week.

Yeah, I get what you mean. The original vine didn’t have one, no. I think they would be too. It might take the creativity out of the whole thing.

I think a leaderboard could have unfair disadvantages. For those especially in places where many “famous” artists are in particular. The leaderboard could already be filled with the Jake Paul, Logan Paul, Lele Pons, etc. giving others much less of a chance to make it onto the leaderboard

1 Like

i think its kinda cool

Well to avoid this issue, maybe it could be an “On the Rise” section? That way already famous “viners” don’t monopolize the list.

2 Likes

I think that this Top 100 would be a nice thing, but I feel like 100 just seems like a lot. Like a Top 25 list for most countries would be fine, and bigger countries like US, Canada, and others could maybe do Top 50 or 100. But what I don’t understand is how they would decide who is on it and which rank. Do they go by followers? Loops? Likes? In the early days of V2 it could be easy getting on that list, but then when people start to develop more of a following and become “famous” they’ll have more followers and have their new Vines seen more and get more likes. So it might work in the early days, but after that maybe not anymore.

Idea: for somebody to be on this leaderboard, maybe a like to follower ratio? That way people don’t try to buy followers. And if someone has a post blow up and they only have a few hundred followers then they could be on the leaderboard??? Thoughts? Ideas?

1 Like

To combat your last point of only famous people being on the leaderboard or ranking place, I was thinking of like have 2 leaderboards. 1 for the famous people 1 for people below 5k followers (arbitrary number can be decided upon by the devs).

Something like this: but for leaderboards? Or even a full copy paste of this for the search/trending would work.
Popular now is for like most most liked v2 in the past hour (again arbitrary, can be decided upon) and on the rise would show most liked v2 in the past hour for accounts with less than 5k followers.
screenshot_3

1 Like