KPop Channel?

Hi, I see that we have an Anime channel now! Vine added a KPop channel towards the end of its days (of which I spearheaded) and I would love to see a KPop channel on Byte! It would provide KPop editors their own channel to post things in (so we’re not cluttering up other channels) and it would provide us a great way to see other KPop related Bytes and find other KPop Byters :slight_smile: I would appreciate it!

16 Likes

Yesssss

5 Likes

Stan Kpop for clear skin :smirk:

8 Likes

Omggggg that would be soo cool~and I didn’t know vine had a kpop channel but granted I wasn’t into kpop then lol

5 Likes

But wouldn’t that mean every other genre of music/pop would need its own channel? E.g, Jpop, Alt Pop, etc etc?

8 Likes

No not necessarily. I’ve also seen a lot of people bringing up having an Edits channel just to lump it all together. But if anime can have its own channel and there’s so many other niche channels already. Vine had a KPop channel before and that had to get approved and obviously it did so why not have one on Byte?

5 Likes

kpop is a music genre, it could go into music right?

4 Likes

I mean anime is also technically animation :thinking:

4 Likes

Yup! Here’s a screenshot from the day we got it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree! There should be more channels for different fandoms so there’s no weird collision over where people should post their specific videos (like a furry channel as we have nowhere specific) edits (like fancam edits and such) and so on!

That way there can be more original content and diversity in videos instead of having to just post things under weird categories

6 Likes

Finally, a category for me! :aww: I definitely would be posting there on a near-daily basis! I would also like a category like kpop because it would be a lot easier to find more kpop byters! :grin:

And yes I’m also a kpop byter, my username is mint in case if you wanted to check me out, okay shameless promo done :blep:

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

I think it’s probably plausible that there will be one eventually, but I think right now it’s probably not a major one? I’d expect it to happen later on if it does happen, but I’m sure it’s at least in their mind!

8 Likes

I would much rather the animation category be used for original animation, not edits like AMVs and stuff.

If they ever implemented sub-categories though, k-pop being included under edits would probably be a good idea.

5 Likes

It’s too specific I guess. I believe if you do edit about the Kpop you should post it in edits or if you will post a byte where they are singing, it should belong to music. Creating category for everything will make the app confusing

2 Likes

When its added thr kpop community will definitely take off on byte :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes

My fancams won’t send here, so I’ll ping you on discord with it

2 Likes

I think it should be a category, if only for the sheer amount of content about it. Maybe if “Edits” became a category and “Anime” was gone, then kpop and anime would share it in a level playing field. But it would drown out any other kind of edits.

When thinking about categories, I definitely think it’s important to see the volume of content that would go on it.

2 Likes

no.

1 Like

My opinion: I kinda agree but I think we should add a “fandom” category or channel (with tv series, movies, fave artists, and kpop) instead of a kpop category, just like vine had before

1 Like