Keeping a positive environment

Hey all,

As we start to move past the foundation stages of the app, I wanted to take a bit of time to reflect on some of the negative sentiment about other apps that has been brewing on the beta, on social, and here on the forums.

While a bit of friendly rivalry can be fun (and funny!), I think that taking it too far can be a form of gatekeeping and can really turn off new people who want to give us a shot. We have such a great community and I would hate to see us turn away new members because we’re being too proud. :slight_smile:

Every app has its own mission and goals, and I think ours is really unique. As the months go on I think you’ll see that too and it’ll be easy to talk about what we’re doing without comparing it to what someone else is doing.

In the mean time, I’d ask you to keep in mind that every person who hears about Byte or talks about Byte is interested (at the very least!). Let’s welcome them with open arms and educate them without insulting their interests. Together we can make this the one of the most creative and joyful places on the web.

Thank you for everything so far and we’re looking forward to a very eventful 2020 with all of you. :heart:

Dom

120 Likes

Thank you so much for all your transparency and hard work. Yourself and the whole Byte team have created something truly special!

34 Likes

Thank you for this. The negative attitude towards the other platforms was something I didn’t like. Byte will be my home for many months and years to come and I think it’s good to welcome (almost) all with a gracious welcome :blush:

30 Likes

Thank you for this post dom! Looking forward to 2020!

10 Likes

agreed! let’s be the best people we can be byte fam :metal:t3:

17 Likes

Amen @dom

7 Likes

Let’s do this !

8 Likes

Yes Dom we need to be as good as possible, an example to all others.

Thanks for all the hard work.

10 Likes

I’ll try and not talk about… the other one that I keep getting as ads on YouTube, on here and on instagram. :+1:

(I’m not saying there’s ads on here)

8 Likes

All apps are equal

10 Likes

This is absolutely postively true, thank you Dom!

9 Likes

True words ! Thanks Dom ! :100:

8 Likes

And I say, we shall bring peace and love throughout Byte and keep it as nice as it can be. Thanks, Dom

7 Likes

Amen Dom! :pray:We’re ALL in this together. STAY POSITIVE! :heart: #ByteFam

7 Likes

Does this mean I have to delete my anti TikTok bytes?

7 Likes

Loving the positivity

7 Likes

Wise. Respect + :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the message Dom! A lot of truth in here

6 Likes

thanks domathan

10 Likes

agreed !

5 Likes