It’s a weird question, but

Hey guys weird question, but does it seem like the ones that were on byte originally aren’t seen as much now? And how are everyone’s follower count just booming out of nowhere? Just asking. I’m still in love with creating on this app and sharing with this community! :purple_heart::heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::white_heart::orange_heart::black_heart::brown_heart:

9 Likes

hi i have had byte installed on my phone since uhhhh April 23rd, 2019 iirc and I’m still going strong, vibin in the bird category :wave:t2:

13 Likes

Influx of people means a more diverse viewing experience. If you want to up your engagement, be sure you are interacting with other people and following what hashtags are popular at the time. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

we are still around, but just adjusting to the new enviroment and going with the flow.
My advice is just to be consisent, interact with people and also have fun.
Also the influx made some people gain a lot of followers :smile:

7 Likes

Still here
Waiting for the magical algorithm to help us out :full_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

I’ve see a few threads like this, I don’t think people are following their favorite creators on Byte, I’m still seeing all of the people I’ve always followed on my Follow feed.

3 Likes

I went up about 100 but I’ve seen people go up thousands. There’s LOTS of new people but since they’re migrating from Tiktok they generally aren’t interested in the OG content as much as each others content that they’re use to.

4 Likes

Im on a quest right now, but still here :sparkling_heart: :slight_smile: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I think its because a lot of new people, ike myself, are joining the community. With that you are getting more users in ur mix page and the older users are being overlapped.

1 Like

Been here long enough to get your very own category! Congrats :bird:

4 Likes

Yeah a lot of the people I’ve been following since the start are still posting regularly, I haven’t noticed much of a slowdown

2 Likes

I’m new to BYTE and was only on Tiky-Tacky for a week or so before choosing to make the early adopter move. I don’t think I could easily identify the originals. With the exception of a few.

Love y’all and what you do. All of the video editing is majcool, new to me too, but I’m totally hooked. Learning lots from everyone, amazing concepts and creativity. Thanks for being awesome.

2 Likes

Bailey,

Excuse my ignorance but what is OG?

I’ve boosted in followers compared to before when I was stuck at 120 followers. I’m glad new people came it really helped get my account more people to see it.

It technically stands for Original Gangsters, but it commonly just means “original” or “here from the beginning” now

1 Like