Is YouTube getting rid of the comments section?

After watching this video: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsjLWm_RCQ) I feel yet again Youtube’s intentions are in the right place, but the way they’re reacting to it, may not be in the best interest of content creators who actually follow the rules. I also read about rotten tomototes not letting people leaving comments before a film’s theatrical release. (https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/rotten-tomatoes-bans-user-reviews-before-film-theatrical-release-1202047488/) I feel because of a minority of bad people, and trolls, I wouldn’t be surprised if Youtube gets rid of comments altogether.

If they did, YouTube would die. 30% of the essence of YouTube is the comments, and many, many, many are hilarious. Killing the comments section would be killing the entire community feel that’s there!

13 Likes

Youtube stopped being fun YEARS ago. All they do now is damage control. It’s not about having fun anymore. And you have to be RIDICULOUSLY popular to enjoy the website as a creator.

6 Likes

changed from off topic to youtube & other :blush:

2 Likes

Same when I see a video doesn’t have comments enabled I leave

3 Likes

@arf

If they did, YouTube would die. 30% of the essence of YouTube is the comments, and many, many, many are hilarious. Killing the comments section would be killing the entire community feel that’s there!

My Response:

I agree with you, but sometimes bad people ruin the party for everyone involved. After watching that video in the link it really got me thinking, if the government would ever make internet comment and DMs illegal for sites for kids.

@ShawdGawd

Youtube stopped being fun YEARS ago. All they do now is damage control. It’s not about having fun anymore. And you have to be RIDICULOUSLY popular to enjoy the website as a creator.

My Response:

I couldn’t agree with you more, a large reason for this happening is mainly due to over saturation. Only way it seems these days to make it big on this site these days is to talk trash about other youtubers. It’s dissapointing but sadly true

2 Likes

Could not have said it any better

4 Likes

To quote Bowser from Sonic (Reggie fils-Aime):
“If it’s not fun, why bother?”

3 Likes