Is work life balance realistic?

While Im not against it, I always wonder if this is true. If one’s goal is to make a $100 million dollars a year or more I cant see that being realistic.

3 Likes

Everything is contextual. Working hard doesn’t equal getting paid well. And working intermittently can make you rich. It really, really depends.

10 Likes

:thinking: This sort of confirms what I’d been thinking

1 Like

Well… It depends on what you mean by balance. If you’re fine with working and doing your job, it might not be necessary. I feel like the happiest you could be is when both of them flow together, and you are genuinely for the most part content with what you do. Most of the time, people only have a work-life balance because they typically have some sort of qualms about their job or occupation :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah thats what Ive been thinking, when I hear work life balance. I understand burn out to an extent, but like you said if you’re content with what job you’re doing, you won’t really worry about that

2 Likes

Work/life balance is different for different people. Sometimes socializing with friends feels like work, whereas “work” is usually takes place in a flow state, where it ironically doesn’t feel like work.

5 Likes

Yes, and no. It depends on your work and your life. I work full time as a Store Manager for a place that rhymes with shack o’ smell - and I literally have no life outside of work.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s different for everyone. Some people work more than others. Some people don’t work at all. Some people live more than others. Some people don’t live at all.
And just because you make $100 million doesn’t mean you’re happy or your life is balanced.

2 Likes

I can definitely understand that perspective

I could definitely see how gets to a person especially when one has to make that commute to and back from work

1 Like

I definitely agree with the point that you’re just because you’re rich it dosen’t necessarily make you happy. However, I think a certain amount of happiness or at least focus is needed to get where you want in life financially, especially if you’re starting from scratch to major success

1 Like