Is water wet?

I hope this isn’t an argument on V2.But just to clarify water isn’t wet right?

1 Like

I do not think that water is wet

Explanations I found:
New scientific information suggests that water doesn’t behave as a liquid until after there are more than six molecules. … So, by the definition of wet, which is the condition of being covered or soaked in liquid, then water isn’t wet, it just makes other things wet.

2 Likes

Not really, it is watery :v

I have no idea, but I think yes

1 Like

water is wet because an object has to be the characteristic it is giving off; i.e salt is salty, sugar is sweet, ect ect

3 Likes

Wow, you really did your research :sunglasses::scream:
Or you´re just good to explain.

But why would that make mater wet? If salt is salty why isn’t water watery, acid can make things wet can it not ?? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Water is not wet see this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTLkDrcr28

It’s dry and crunchy

It’s fluffy

No it’s not

Plot twist it’s snow

Is snow wet that is the question

Is fire burnt?

Water’s not wet, wetness isn’t something that can be traced down to the molecular level of water, it’s a term created to describe the condition water creates onto other objects.

Ex. Someone completely submerged in water is not wet, but someone in water while exposed to air is wet.

Then acid is wet too🤷‍♂️

If I take a paper and put it underwater. It’s wet.
Water (along with other liquids) makes things wet.
For something to be wet, it must be able to be dry.

If fire burns things, is fire burning? No. Fuel may be burning, but the fire isn’t.

1 Like

The ‘-y’ suffix means “like”.
Dreamy, runny, spicy, tasty, etc
"This soup is watery" means that the soup is like water (in viscosity/taste/color/etc)
Water is not “watery” because it’s literally water.

Not all acids are wet.

I know this was a while ago, but no, this isn’t correct. Sugar and salt make things sweet and salty (respectively) because they are in the foods/drinks. Taste can’t be compared with the actual amount of water something has in it. It’s true that they’re (water/wet, salt/salty, sugar/sweet) all adjectives describing them, but in comparing different characteristics (wetness: the amount of liquid in/on a solid, and taste: flavour you perceive with your tongue) this is a false equivalence.