Is it possible to change the Google account for a same username?

Hello!

I encounter a quiet major problem for me. I created a Byte account with a Google account with an Android phone. But as I later noticed that I didn’t like the mail name, I created a new Google account where I redirected all of my information and then deleted the old one.

The problem is that I forgot that the same old one was used to create my Byte account, and since I signed out, I couldn’t go back to my account as there is no possibility to change the mail. The old account was already completely deleted, no way to bring it back.

So, I would like to know if it is possible to suggest a way to assign my Byte user to my new Google account, or new mail. For now, I can no longer use Byte with my username anymore.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

hey! i’d suggest also emailing this to hello@byte.co so that it directly goes to them :blush:

2 Likes

Alright I’ll do this, thank you so much for helping me! :blush:

1 Like

Please, let me know what you find out! I’d like to change my email connected to my byte profile. Thank you for asking this question!

1 Like

You can try emailing byte and they should be able to help you. But what I heard was that they ran into an issue with the backlog API for logging in. Not sure if that would affect anything about changing google accounts but that’s just something I heard somewhere.

2 Likes