Is it okay to like problematic characters/ships?

For example, Tate Langdon from AHS, Kai Parker, Klaus, Katherine from TVD, etc.

3 Likes

who are any of these people

9 Likes

TV show characters

2 Likes

why are they problematic?

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of any of these people…

1 Like

Like whatever characters you want. They’re fake anyways, so it honestly doesn’t matter. The whole point of watching TV or movies is to connect to characters. So what if they’re problematic. Do your thang.

3 Likes

they were only giving examples of people from shows :thinking: and idk how you guys haven’t seen American Horror Story. go watch

2 Likes

As long as it doesn’t involve incest, relationships with a minor, and other illegal stuff like that, idk

1 Like

I legit don’t know who they are either lol, but the idea of enjoying toxic relationships is considered a bit dark and not socially acceptable by other people when we (gamers rise up) live in a society that tries to represent relationships as a perfect wholesome magic entity that will solve all your problems.

I think you can enjoy a toxic relationship as long as it’s not affecting someone in real life, like for example the Yandere phenomenom in the Anime community.

A Yandere is Somebody who is sweet and kind at first glance. But when it comes to their love (crush)they will act obsessive and violent. (As said in Urban dictionary lol)

That’s a horribly problematic trope in anime, and suprisingly popular (idk why but homies be kinky and suicidal). But since it’s not happening forreal, then we can just disclose it as an “okay :face_with_raised_eyebrow:” thing.

But recently some crazy girl in Japan stabbed her friend irl because she “loved him” (This is suprisingly the most accurate article I’ve read about this so keep an open mind)

I don’t need to be a saint to know that stabbing isn’t okay :man_facepalming:

Pretty simple to not accept this sort of behaviour, BUT THESE CRAZY FUCKERS OUT THERE TRIED TO PAY FOR THIS INSANE GIRL’S BAIL AND STARTED DOING FETISHISTIC FANART ABOUT HER!

Tldr;
So more than anything else, Yeah enjoy the fiction toxicity but don’t let it affect your real life judgement.

Personally in the Mr.Robot show, Tyrell Wellick’s Marriage is super problematic and downright crazy, but it’s really enjoyable to watch lmao

5 Likes

I don’t know who those characters are but some people do prefer the problematic characthers in shows or movie because you see the change of person and character development. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As long as you don’t harass the actors, or promote hoaxes, I say, do what floats your boat. :slight_smile:

(29:01)
4 Likes

I mean it’s fine, its just entertainment. No need to over analyze things

4 Likes

It’s totally fine to like problematic ships. It’s fiction after all.

3 Likes

Never heard of these characters or shows, but coming from a member of a fandom notorious for ship obsessions and toxic relationships, I say as yes it’s completely fine IF/AND AS LONG AS NOBODY IS GETTING HURT OR HARASSED IN REAL LIFE AND AS LONG AS NOTHING CONTOVERSIAL SUCH AS RAPE, PEDOPHILIA, ETC. IS BEING PROMOTED from support of said ship.

2 Likes

I agree! I remember the anime community when that ‘real life yandere’ girl stabbed a guy because she ‘loved him too much’. People need to separate fiction from reality.

2 Likes