Is it bad to post multiple bytes a day?

I wanted to post two bytes at the same time today but will that negatively impact my engagement for one of them? I know in the algorithm log Dom stated that multiple posts from the same account will not appear on the popular page at the same time. Just a little confused on that if anyone can explain that better for me, thanks

8 Likes

I think if you posted more than a video every day then it could work against you. But I think if you uploaded like 2 or 3 etc occasionally then I don’t see how it would hurt. But i don’t know I am still trying to learn myself.

6 Likes

For the popular page: Each user can have only one video on there at a time. The video that is performing better (better performance is measured by the popular page algorithm) will be the one on the page

About posting multiple times a day, its not really BAD to post multiple times within a day. For example, if you upload one in the morning and one at night, it could work. If you are posting two at the very same time, perhaps because they are linked together, you might find that one does better than the other

10 Likes

Very helpful! Thank you!

6 Likes

So one day I posted four videos about one hour in between each other, but the fourth one got the most attention and was rebyted by some people. Does someone want to explain to me how that works? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I post two times a day and have been now for two weeks. Some videos of mine are getting up to 100 likes and others are staying at the bottom. I was wondering this same thing myself. After two weeks of posting twice a day I think that it is working against me. Other creators with a higher view/like ratio are only posting once a day. I would like to know from @dom if this is really something that will work against you? I just want to put out as much good content for my fans that I can but is it just gonna hurt me?

3 Likes

I just saw this and it is good to know. I do post one in the morning and one at night. I think even with that big of a split it’s still working against me. Just trial and error is the only way to find out I guess?

2 Likes

Life hack… post on an alt account (back up account) if you want to trend :hugs:

3 Likes

Not A bad idea really

3 Likes

Good question BTW

2 Likes

We never made the popular page so I guess it doesn’t impact us :slight_smile:

But rarely do we post more than 1 video per day anyways. Don’t have enough time in a day to create more. LOL

2 Likes

Nah… today’s just another shit day…

4 Likes

Perhaps someone rebyted the fourth video you uploaded, but also, when someone checks your profile they see the latest video first, so they might just be liking that

6 Likes

This is an interesting discussion, Wish I had time and ideas to post more than once a day

1 Like

By the way HenryAndEmma love your guys stuff

2 Likes

Awww - thanks :pray: we appreciate that a lot :gift_heart:

1 Like

I am testing a 12 hour or “whenever my engagement slows on my first post” strategy. Like not every day but if I do feel like posting a second (like I did last night) I just make sure the engagement on the first post of the day has slowed to a crawl. But I’m trying to resist and keep it to once.