Is Anyone worried about your family seeing your videos?

I don’t really act the same (being slightly weird) around my family as i do with friends, and I don’t think my family has the same type of humor as me. I think that maybe if i get popular enough, people would share my videos and it’ll reach my fam and they’ll start bringing it up and questioning it, and it’ll make everything feel awkward. Anyone else feel this way?

17 Likes

There are many posts like this, to all of them I tell them the same. Be YOURSELF and be PROUD of yourself.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone acts the same, just be yourself and own it

4 Likes

I think I’d be nervous at first about family seeing videos, but I’d ease into eventually. Not Really sure much of my family uses anything apart from Facebook anyway hahaha

3 Likes

Go by a simple rule of thumb; never post anything on the internet that you wouldn’t mind seeing on the national news. Once you post something , it’s out there. Hope this helps :heavy_check_mark:

5 Likes

When i was younger i uploaded video to YouTube and i remember that my hole family watched hahaha Calm down, it was not that bad

1 Like

Don’t worry just be yourself and post whatever doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable! I also totally get you though. But at the end of the day it’s also your life. putting yourself out there is a huge achievement and whoever has the guts to do this, despise of other people’s opinions, is a winner in eyes! Do you boo, be yourself and own it

2 Likes

Just do what you love and love what you do and hopefully everything will fall into place in the end.

2 Likes

Just go for it, I’m super shy and hate being on camera but sometime ya gotta do whatcha gotta do

1 Like

Don’t try to be big on the internet if you’re afraid of that. Are you an adult or still a teen? Because if you’re an adult you shouldn’t be so worried about what your family thinks.

1 Like

Yes and no. I mean I used to keep everything private but honestly parents don’t care all so much. As long as things are appropriate or comedic.

4 Likes

I kind of feel like both of my parents will say something since they don’t know what I do, but I realize not everyone is gonna like what I do so I do it for myself

3 Likes

Id say everyone knows about my comedy page and youtube, and it was so akward at first tryna adapt to it. Like at one point at a fam gathering, they all sat and watched my YT vids holy crap was.it awkward. But worth it cus it was bound to happen one day

2 Likes

If your family judge you, that isnt fair. You need to tell them that this is what you want. Your happiness matters too, no matter how crazy you are lol

4 Likes

Hell no. Family or not, I don’t let anyone affect my dream. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t worry. I had showed my vids from youtube to ma parents. I scared about it. Ma parents said “wow ur vids are awesome” Be savage and dont affraid anything😉

1 Like

I feel that once you get popular enough, they wouldn’t mind. In fact, they’ll be proud of you.

1 Like

I’m not worried because I’ve already found someone in this community who can relate to me and to the type of videos I plan to put out. I’m sure there are many more people who are not even part of this community who will be able to relate to my videos. My immediate family will probably not like my videos, but I would never make a video that wasn’t based on something that happened to me.

tbh i’m really scared of telling my parents about it. They dont really like the idea of social media and they think i don’t use them (i do but i have it as a secret lol). I think that if any of my videos become viral and I start gaining followers I’ll end up telling them. Any advice on how to tell them?
interesting fact: the fact that my parents don’t like social media makes me more hyped about v2 and makes me look more forward to upload videos lol. i guess that it is because i want NO limits in my life but idk

Surprisingly most parents don’t mind too much. The majority of them are more worried about if it is a stable career (every parent wants you to live a comfortable life), so if your videos do take off, then I think they will ease up and not be as harsh on you. At the end of the day, they want you to do what makes you happy, but also what will allow you to progress in life.

1 Like