Instagram Reels is now available

What does everyone think of their UX and feed algorithm?

1 Like

need to look into this but omg lmao. They actually did it. Ha.

2 Likes

Okay what I see here and I just remembered back when I was in high school lol. Instagram DID try doing a vine recreation called lasso but it ultimately failed. Also the name was terrible anyways haha. So be weary.

3 Likes

Yeah lasso was hot garbage nothing about it was fun in anyway. It felt like a boomer’s version of vine

1 Like

yep

“That’s according to [The Wall Street Journal], which on Tuesday cited unnamed sources as saying that Instagram was in some cases offering hundreds of thousands of dollars to try to persuade high-profile TikTok creators to use Reels.”

Smooth and stable at but I can’t post :frowning:
Edit: I can post now. Scroll down for my thoughts

I Love Instagram Reels!!!

1 Like

i still do not have it in uk yet but says its out in uk some time today

Initial impressions:

The feed: limited, very millennial and celebrity focused, normie and cringe at times. It shows relevant content to me like 25% of the time. Tiktok shows relevant content most of the time, and byte is pretty hit or miss, 50%

The buttons are positioned in the most annoying location ever, compared to Byte and TikTok.

Editing tools: decent… you can clip certain shots which is nice. The layout for finding effects requires a lot of scrolling which I don’t like.

It’s just watered down TikTok…

2 Likes

Is it only available on ios? Where’s it at exactly? I’m completely lost or just blind to see where its at

its on both ios and android but its not showing up for me as well for some reason

1 Like

I’m having trouble seeing the difference between it and a basic story post. Like how would I find someone’s past Reels?

They do a staged rollout, so some people end up getting features before others.

You tap their username, and it shows you all of them right away.

My issue is also that you can’t just watch reels from people you follow. You have to scroll through the IG feed which sucks.

1 Like

Right. And there’s just the one feed, so you get what you get, which is a bunch of stuff I don’t care to see. Ha.

2 Likes

if the people you follow post reels, you can see it in your main feed without having to go to the explore page

1 Like

any one on here who has reels now can i follow you to see what its like

1 Like

That’s the problem though, I probably have to scroll through 10 IG ads on the main feed just to watch reels.

2 Likes

oh, I guess its a learning curve, the sponsored posts don’t bother me too much cause I can just quickly scroll past em

1 Like