Instagram, last seen/active

Instagram is rolling out/testing a last seen function with direct messages, lol.

I personally find it the most useless function ever, but that’s just me. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Personally I can’t wait for the regram button that’s currently in testing

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool and usefull. :heart_eyes:

If someone wants to know the last time I was active, they could just like text me. That’s like kinda strange.

this is to pressure users to stay active constantly. I personally don’t like it. I turn it off in Whatsapp and any other app that lets me.

2 Likes

yes me too I hate using 3rd party apps for it

1 Like

i mean i like the fact that its less invasive than having everyone’s activity being posted, since it’s only users you dm but the following tab basically shows the same info, so idk what to think about it

1 Like

This is also seen in messaging apps, and it builds anxiety in some people; def something to brainstorm further

2 Likes

Honestly true, kind of stalker ish

4 Likes

it’s this obsessive culture in silicon valley with tech companies and investors. companies have to report daily active users or monthly active users or something to their investors to show growth, and they have been know to lie about them. those annoying daily emails in your inbox from facebook, twitter, and tumblr ‘encouraging’ you to log in and check your account is called ‘growth hacking’ and i hate it.

here’s an article on some of this stuff if you’re interested:

1 Like

That is so ridiculous disgusting. We are just numbers in their game

1 Like

I’d love to turn the tables and play them for a change :smiling_imp:

I don’t like it showing that I’m active because sometimes I don’t feel like reading and responding to dms on IG, I just wanna look at posts or post something. I really hope that V2 doesn’t implement this same feature or at least have a disable button.