Infinity War Breakdown/Theories (SPOILERS)

After watching Infinity War, I was angry, sad, confused and shocked all at the same time. The ending really was just… wow. We gotta wait a whole year for A4 to come out now :joy: But anyways, let’s get some theories going! These can be about anything, Thanos’ arm after he went into the dreamscape, The absence of Clint and Scott, why Dr. Strange gave up so easily, A4 setting place in the past, etc.
One of my theories is that Dr. Strange cast a spell on the time stone before handing it over to Thanos, possibly reversing the effects of it. This is because Strange was talking about how he and Wong protect the stone with their lives, which made me wonder why he would give it up so quickly for someone he just met. Keep in mind that Strange saw all possible outcomes in the future, and only one was where they win. Giving the time stone over could’ve have further led them to that once victory.

What are your theories? Go crazy typing out a whole essay if you want :smiley: And always ask yourself the mos[/st important question: "What is Gamora?"

7 Likes

(SPOILERS)

I think the reason Dr. Strange gave up so easily is because he saw the future and saw the only possible outcome. He even said when he was disappearing “This is the only way.”

well ye that’s what i got

6 Likes

I feel you. I screamed at the screen after the movie ended :joy:.
How could they do that us, especially ending it the way they did. My heart is still in pain :joy::sob::joy::sob:
And I agree with @arf
I think everything was supposed to happen they way it did.
Dr. Strange gave Thanos that stone so easily for a reason.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s no way he would’ve given it up if there were different possibilities

3 Likes

The sad music at the end and the disintegrating title was just them rubbing it in :joy:

4 Likes

My gosh yes, that made me even more furious :joy:!!

I’m still shocked. I watched the movie today and wtf. I got really surprised when we discovered that red skull is alive.

Fr I think everyone thought he died in Captain America

I feel like Thanos loved Gamora too much, even tho he sacrificed her. I feel like she will make a comeback - Maybe he will trade lives/death with her

Or maybe Im just hanging on little hope that she comes back :cry:

And I dont think the rest of the Avengers are dead. Why would Thanos kill some if he could kill all? My friends think theyre dead but I just think theyre simply wiped from existence, hence the post-credit seen.

1 Like

Also, how awesome was that Girl Power seen between Black Widow, Scarlett Witch and Okeye? BADASS

4 Likes

WAIT NO. I think a majority of Avengers and People weren’t killed. They were massively trapped inside the soul stone. theory 0.0

3 Likes

How about the Captain Marvel movie? I think she is going to be informed of the events that just transpired and somehow change the outcome of infinity war from the past (Captain Marvel Movie is a “prequel”, or atleast it takes place in 1995). That might be a little too complicated for the mCU. If anything they either use the time stone with Doctor Strange or they have to make Thanos (or someone as equally as worthy) to reverse what he did.

The Infinity Gauntlet looked almost destroyed which means we might only get one more use out of it. They have to bring the others back somehow, we should really be worried about the ones that are left lol. We all thought Tony and Steve where done, but my mind is way more agitated for the next Avengers’ movie :worried:

It’s the Best marvel movie, they made all characters super dope, everyone steals the scenes they are in.
Personally I think Thor, Doctor Strange and Spidey where my favorites. And I even doubt this thought because everyone got their amazing super hero moments.

Hell, Thanos is the best written character in it. You legit, can’t hate him.

2 Likes

Love the theories and idk man I just cried a lot when Spidey died :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Love reading these, just saw it yesterday. Everyone who I thought would die survived. But I do think Doctor Strange has a plan to reverse some of what has happened, even in his current circumstance

Same. Tom is an amazing actor, you could hear the pain in his voice. And I love Peter’s relationship with Tony. Even tho Tony treats him like a lackey, you could tell he cares about him

3 Likes

I feel kinda bad about this, but I didn’t really. It felt too rushed to me, and kinda reminded me of when in Doctor Who(if u watch it) when the 10th doctor regenerated, so it didn’t feel too original.

2 Likes

As you stated, Doctor Strange said that out of all 14,000,605 possible outcomes he witnessed in his trance, there was only one in which they actually win. I’m predicting that this is the only outcome in which Strange actually hands over the Time Stone to Thanos, rather than attempting to hold onto it as he had said he would before. Also, before he disintegrated, he said “There was no other way,” meaning that despite how gloomy it seems at the moment, there’s still a chance it will end positive, considering this one outcome is still in effect.

I just realized that I literally rephrased what @arf said. Oopsies. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There is still a chance Gamora is still alive as she exists inside the soul stone. Plus Thanos could use the time stone to bring her back
Also the people weren’t technically killed but erased from time, they could be existing outside of time like Dormamu?

2 Likes

Yessss Scarlett witch was slaying the whole movie

1 Like

Captain Marvel is coming out before A4, so the end credits of the movie could show her receiving the call from Nick, and also Ant-man and the Wasp could explain this earlier on

1 Like