In what year did you grow out of mainstream music?

I was born in the mid-to-late 90’s, but I remember some 2005 songs; I don’t really know any “popular” songs before 2005 besides the Kelly Clarkson and clean editions of Black Eyed Peas and Rihanna songs played on Radio Disney. I wasn’t an active listener of music until 2005 so I can’t say anything before then is my “childhood,” but I obviously know what songs played before 2005. I do like some songs from 2005 - 2007, however the time period of music in mylife time that I related to was music from 2008-2013 along with a few songs from 2014 to 2016; by 2014 I was no longer “with it” and no longer cared about popular mainstream music or even the celebrities who are famous today. Its funny because when I was 11 I swore that I would listen to mainstream music for the rest of my life.

Looking back, not all of the songs from 2008-2013 were great and I have moved on to 80’s and 90’s techno, house and trance along with New Wave and Latin Rock music which Is the genre of music that I swore I would never listen to when i was like 12. lol

2 Likes

I don’t think I ever really did.

Even though the vast majority of my playlist has changed over the years, mainstream music still has some good bops.

2 Likes

I’d say I was never a fan of the maintsream tbh.

late 90’s

Real hipsters like underground and mainstream music

2022ish didnt like the end of the world vibe from music cause of 2012 them it was slowly turning into trap and mumble rap.