Improve Yourself

i want to know what can i do to make my bytes better. Is light good or sound or effects and background aslo. Check me here https://byte.co/NicholasJunior

4 Likes

i think your bytes are pretty good! lighting is good and i dont hear any unrelated background noise. i think you could improve on a couple of things moving forward: slow down (you seem rushed, relax, have fun) and exaggerate your facial expressions more. but the biggest thing to do is keep making bytes and have fun.

1 Like

Thanks you for opinion means a lot i will try to do that things and i’ll make more bytes.
<3

1 Like

glad i could help! dont forget about the fun part too! <3

1 Like

okay :)))

1 Like

Nice bytes man! Keep going!

2 Likes

Thank you man.

1 Like

A lot of your jokes are super basic. Jokes about things like “Boys Vs. Girls” and awkward guys talking to their crushes have become the kinds of jokes you see your distant relatives posting on Facebook. Add more depth to your jokes (maybe try watching a few Vine compilations for reference). Also, the use of sound effects in your bytes is unnecessary. The point of Vine (and by association byte), is the simplicity of posting short videos from your phone (There were exceptions like Danny Gonzalez, but you’re not making the kinds of bytes like Danny’s Vines (if that makes sense)). If you need to rely on the (frankly overly done to the point of irony) “Instagram thud” to emphasize your punchlines, that means the punchlines aren’t good enough.

Sorry if this criticism is a bit much (sometimes I feel like the only one here with a critical bone in their body because of everyone else’s sickening amount of positive reinforcement (makes me feel like the Simon Cowell of byte :joy:)), but honestly, these are problems I have with most, of not all the byters on the platform right now. No one is really pushing the boundaries yet. Everyone is just making generic versions of Vines (at least on the comedy page). Anyway, hopes this advice helps :+1:

2 Likes

Bro its not criticism or too much its a best advice ive ever got since i start making byte videos.
Thanks for your opinion means a lot and i will try to change that things.
Honest person is more important for me then person whos telling me that im doing everything right.
Thanks again

You’re very welcome :+1:. It’s a good thing byte is so new, because I think this is a learning experience for everybody. Being the first generation of byters, it’s almost like we’re the guinea pigs lol. Here’s to figuring out what we’re doing :beers: