Importing Sounds?

So I was pretty hype for this sounds update because I was hoping I could skip having to use another app to edit a video first, but I’ve realized it’s currently impossible to import audio (as in from an audio file like an mp3) into the byte video editor. Instead, audio can only be taken from video files.

Is there any chance of being able to directly import audio files?
I can sort of understand if it’s like this to avoid a flood of copyrighted music (I have no clue where using music in bytes would fall legally or if it would be considered fair use but afaik tiktok actually has licences for the officially available music so I imagine this would cause problems for byte?) but it sucks for people who want to use original audio.

(putting this in feature requests since this doesn’t seem like a bug)

4 Likes

I think you have been fair in your comment. As nice as it would be to be able to import audio files, there would be a maybe surge in copyrighted music and not enough credit given to artists or producers

4 Likes

Importing sounds would be nice! Also favoriting them for later.

1 Like

in the mean time, you could always get some sort of editor and make a black screen video with the audio you need to use.
i have an account where i just screen record a song on spotify to make audios that loop, the audio is usually pretty decent for it not being the original file.

1 Like