"Import followers"

H̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶o̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶"̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶r̶t̶a̶.̶ ̶̶

I̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶F̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶y̶n̶c̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶2̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶I̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶F̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶w̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶.̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶(̶"̶S̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶"̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶)̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶l̶i̶n̶e̶

B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶V̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶b̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶

Actually nah.

1 Like

That would be interesting but genuinely, I don’t think that would work out to the best. It sounds like this would use the same algorithm as import contacts I presume?

1 Like

This is V2, not Vine. I feel like this should be treated as a new app and social platform. Giving people like Logan Paul automatic superiority on this app because he was a previous Vine star is a no.

7 Likes

“It sounds like this would use the same algorithm as import contacts I presume?”

Yes.

1 Like

I totally agree with you, this is a new app I feel people should work towards building a new community

2 Likes

I mean yeah but idk if Logan Paul ever said anything about going to V2. Him and his dead body should stay in YouTube. He seems happy there.

1 Like

You can check out the same topic being discussed here.

And here.

Another thread but it’s more of a morality thing. CLICK ME.

@kaden /closed?

2 Likes

Here’s the thing (to my knowledge and opinion) with vine being owned by twitter, v2 most likely doesn’t have access to it and also not access to the archives. Also, I know that he archived have been acting up in terms of content so I’m not sure whether or not they have the followers archived. Good idea though. However v2 is its separate entity and I believe that artists should all start from the same level upon download.

Vine and V2 are TWO completely DIFFERENT platforms

Dom has said it himself , to please not think V2 as Vine because they are not connected in anyway

For that twitter would have to agree to this and who knows if they even kept all that information on their servers plus it gives everyone a chance to start over and makes sure everyone hopefully has an equal chance to rise to fame on the app

I second this

While it’s going to be tough to gain back the followers we had, if people remember you, I guarantee they’ll come back to your profile.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me to sign up for this, Kyle.

v2 and Vine are unrelated so follower importing is not possible