I'm working on something like V***

Like everyone else here, I really miss Vine. So, I’m working on something like it. Not exactly Vine, but close enough that someone could say “Hey, that’s like Vine!”.

It’s called flip (don’t ask) and here’s a small demo. I’m aiming to launch this next week, and it’d be really cool if you could get people wary of it as the only thing really holding it back is popularity. I’m aiming to try and get IG ads to promote it, but I’m not sure how successful they will be.

To post, all you need to do is hold down the button at the bottom. When you hold it down, it’ll automatically record. After you have seven seconds of recorded footage, it’ll automagically post to your feed. You can then add captions, etc. It has all the basic features like following people and searching. There’s also an ‘Explore’ view (swipe left), where every day we’ll choose some of the best flips made to feature.

I’ve also added a dark mode (because it is blindingly bright in the dark), and I’m working on comments, hashtags and @ mentions. Those things should all be done before release.

There’s some things I need to polish up on, mainly recording multiple clips and how it stitches them all together, but it’s more or less there. At the moment it’s iOS only. I’m an iOS user and I’m not experienced enough to write an Android app. Maybe I’ll make one in the future if flip becomes a thing.

I’ve opened username reservations at https://flip.wtf, and if you want to try out the beta, sign up at https://flip.wtf/beta. I’m the only one working and funding this thing, so for updates follow either @williamsthing or @getflipwtf on the Twitter site thingy. I do have some of my friends working on support and ‘Explore’, however.

I’d love to talk to @dom about it, and see what he thinks, so if you’re reading this, reach out to my Twitter or something!

Let me know what you think!

-William

8 Likes

Hey man , signing up for beta soon, hope it all works out

2 Likes

Also when should this be out for everyone , not including beta

1 Like

Next week is the latest, but I want to make sure it’s perfect before I send it to the world, so no guarantees

1 Like

i have android unfortunately

1 Like

always enjoy testing out new apps, I signed up!

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll give it a go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bump. Releasing this week.

2 Likes

Hey man, when this week will you release it do you think?

1 Like

I think this will be popular and a good idea. I don’t know when v2 will be out but this will be sooner then v2 so before v2’s launch people can use this app then go to v2 or use both.

1 Like

I only have android… But luckily I might get an iPhone so :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Agh, I was a little happy about it but then read it’s for iOS for now. I have Android. Hopefully you make it for Android too though. Fingers crossed

1 Like

I signed up for the beta can you check it and get back to me?

1 Like

im on android tho

1 Like