Im Not Okay

Im just gonna flat out say it: I’m not okay. I spiral out of control literally every few days. These manic episodes are getting worse and I cant even cry anymore lol.
This community is big, but it’s still small enough that for the most part, many of us talk and share sometimes personal stuff with each other, so I know that a lot of the users on this app, are also not okay and can somewhat relate to myself. I know it’s probably the best to seek professional help when it comes to mental health and depression, But I think there is some beauty and comfort in knowing that so many of us come to this app for an outlet where we can share a laugh, or a smile or two by watching and/or creating bytes.
Also the fact that so many of us are actually connecting on deeper levels outside of byte is just so surreal; but it’s happening right in front of my eyes. So my point here is that clearly Im not alone in what seems to be a never ending battle with my demons, but coming to this app and talking to my new friends, it helps. Does it fix it? Maybe not. But does it make it better? Yes. And even if it’s a little, I’d take that any day :heart:
So I end this with: “high guys Im rommie and I’m A MESS” LMAO. But I’m working on it. fixes crown for the 5th time :crown:

Ps anyone reading this just know you have a friend in me! You can always reach out to me! (Even if we don’t speak on the daily) I’ll always do my best to respond when I can!

You’ve made it this far, keep going :white_heart:

51 Likes

This is so true haha I myself face my own problems and see so many of my friends face issues within byte and outside of byte. My mission is to someday make being a creator a better place for everybody and I will always stand beyond that! :smile:

3 Likes

I honestly hope you feel better. I know how it feels to lose control. But it’s gonna be okay! You have so many people that care about you and want the best for you. It may seem bad now but like Leona Lewis once sung “It’ll all get better with time” :joy: I believe in you. So I hope you believe in yourself too. Keep on fighting the good fight. And if you ever need a hand or a shoulder or anyone, I’ll be here. Good luck!

4 Likes

Hey Rommie😊 I’m so sorry you’ve been having a hard time with your mental health. Personally, I go through periods where I feel great and then out of nowhere it seems, with no real reason, I’ll hit a low and have a bad day or few days. I know firsthand how hard it can be to lift yourself out of that, I actually had a low day today and pretty much felt like I had no energy to do anything and felt horrible. I agree that talking with others so you don’t feel so alone is one of the best things you can do and it takes a lot of strength to reach out to people when you aren’t doing well. Sometimes it’s hard for me to remember that people even care enough to talk when I’m feeling bad so often times I kind of suffer in silence, which sucks. And you know you have a friend in me as well and can reach out whenever💕 Also, this might be cheesy, but sometimes when I’m low I look up quotes and other people writing about their experiences to give myself some hope. Here’s a few:

"If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.

“I just give myself permission to suck. I find this hugely liberating.”– John Green

“There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.”– C. S. Lewis

“As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has–or ever will have–something inside that is unique to all time. It’s our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing its expression.” - Mr. Rogers

11 Likes

Im Here if you want to talk or anything. You can DM me on IG. Just remind me who you are if your IG is not Rommie. Im DawnaDarling everywhere. ((Hugs))

1 Like

I just posted something on twitter yesterday telling my followers that it’s okay to not always feel 100%. At the time I was going through something myself. Hopefully you will find your way through everything you’re dealing with soon and please remember to not judge yourself negatively for feeling bad.

5 Likes

You’re appreciated man! So glad you’re apart of the community! I love having you on twitter as well! My little mottos is if I can change the world one smile at a time then I’m doing at least one thing right! Thanks for your response back! You’re the best!

Also. Here for you always :innocent:

3 Likes

The Leona Lewis comment made my heart full :heart::joy: thank you so much!! And ditto! I’d like to think I that we all support each other unconditionally and that’s so beautiful! Spiraling down sucks. But picking yourself up, and dusting yourself off feels even better. We got this. We’re gonna be ok! :innocent: thanks for your response! Truly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hiii :heart: These quotes were awesome. Thank you for sharing them with me and whoever else needed to see them! The part where you said it’s hard to sometimes remember that people DO actually care was something I could deeply relate too Bc although there is always love and support around me, I’m the first to feel like there ISNT. Your mind can rlly play games on you and it’s not fair. No one should have to go through that a lot. Not you, or me, or anyone.
Here for you always, thank you for being here for me :heart:

1 Like

This means SO much to me thank you :pleading_face: you’re so sweet and it shows just by this message! I appreciate you! Thanks for being nice to a stranger :pleading_face::cupid:

Thank you man. I appreciate your words along w everyone else. It’s so hard to stay down but y’all lift me up! Like fr. I sometimes even wanna stay thinking negative and it becomes impossible Bc of all the LOVE and positivity I’m surrounded by on AND off byte. Not to mention the real world still sucks and that is a whole other situation that makes us ALL DEPRESSED I’m sure. Fucj covid.

Anyways, here for you too man.

We support each other through thick and thin!

Y’all fam now

1 Like

I’m so happy you found amazing friends on here and this is why I love this community.
It’s very rare to find such an amazing and welcoming community elsewhere, where you automatically click with so many people.
We all go through things and I pray, that you’ll feel better and for you to open up like this to us just shows how strong you are and I truly admire you.
You are one of the kindest person I ever got to meet and I’m always here to talk if you want to.

2 Likes

As others have said reaching out during your down times is one of the hardest things to do, so you’re already doing so well! As someone who struggles with anxiety, depression, OCD, and ADHD I deeply understand the feeling of losing control of yourself. It can be really scary, especially when you go numb and feel like you can’t even cry anymore. Through it all keep repeating to yourself: it isn’t my fault, I’m not alone, this too shall pass.

I’m so grateful for this community and for you. You are such a talented, beautiful, sassy, and endlessly kind individual. You make this community and this world a better place just by being in it, even when you don’t feel quite like yourself. We love you Rommie! My DMs are open on every platform :heart:

1 Like

I appreciate and adore you, Rommie. :heart:

2 Likes

And you’re one of those amazing people :heart: Love you!!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words so so much! This was rlly uplifting and made me smile! You’re such an angel and the last part of your message made me SO EMO IN THE BEST WAYS. You made me feel like I matter. Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Same here Tom, always :heart:

One of my first byte friends and we’re still standing strong :innocent::man:t5:‍:handshake:‍:man:t3:

1 Like

I too struggle with pain and depression and I’m not okay either. I feel your pain. I’m always around to talk as well. :green_heart:

1 Like

It’s ok not to be ok :white_heart: thank you so much and same applies to you! I’ll always be here for you man!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’ve been struggling with mental health, especially in the times that we are living in with so much going on around us. I can definitely relate to all of that :disappointed:

I’m also very glad to know that you are finding friends through the Byte app and that you’re doing better! I’d like to think that the Byte community is supportive and I’m so happy for you! You are definitely not alone and, as I’m sure many others have said, you can absolutely reach out to me if you ever need to talk or vent. :heart:

2 Likes