I'm having a little trouble (Engagment issue)

So hi, my predicament is in regards to engagement. I know this has been said like a million times on like a million other posts, but I genuinely just wanted to know why engagement has been down for certain creators (myself included lol)? When the app launched, the app was so hectic for that entire weekend! And then it just sort of died down after that, so maybe that’s the reason? I mean the app is still in its infancy, but again Idk.

Sorry if I’m coming across as whiny or anything of that sort I don’t mean to, just really curious lol. I’ve seen people give advice and tips on other threads, so I’m trying those out. Stuff like engaging on other people’s post for example I do, but I try not to do it as often, because I don’t want to come across as obnoxious, disingenuous or a nuisance (maybe that’s all in my head).

Anyway that’s my question and was hoping if anybody could help out? And I’m all for constructive criticism btw, I think it helps people really improve on their craft. This situation just has me a little discouraged is all. And I really like to grow organically without cheating the system or anything like that. Also collabing with other creators sounds really fun imo. So anyway thanks! (P.S. didn’t know what category to put this thread in)

Kirby Umbrella.giphy

9 Likes

The sheer amount of users and content on the app this early certainly makes it more difficult to get engagement. I wouldn’t worry about it though as Dom and the team are working on this. For now I can say that collaborations and getting to know other users is a great way to get started!

15 Likes

I’d say getting your friends and family to download the app and support you initially will help for sure. Not only will their engagement draw others but it’ll build even more users in the community.

4 Likes

There were a LOT of bots on the app on the first day, which inflated engagement numbers, but they’ve since been purged. That, along with a natural drop-off in curiosity about the app, is why it seems like activity has declined a lot since the launch day. But the app has only been out for 9 days, and there are still lots of new features to come. The growth will be more organic and slower at first, but eventually Byte will start gaining more traction as more and more people find out about it. It took Vine quite a while to do this, at first it was a very small number of users for a few months.

15 Likes

See this post!
“I highly recommend looking at the times you posted and even the days if you want to take it a step further as it can be extremely helpful if you are trying to grow a community or bring more attention to a particular video you want to share.” - @SociallyLissie

7 Likes

Well that’s good to hear, thanks! You know the best way to start up a collab? Haven’t really done one before…

3 Likes

Hmm that sounds like a plan, I should definitely see if my siblings are interested!

3 Likes

Find someone who is in your “niche”. Another similar creator or a totally opposite one. On vine, we’d DM or email our clips to one person who would then compress them and arrange them using videoshop or dubsmash and then upload the full clip and tag the other person and have the partner post as well tagging you.

4 Likes

Honestly that makes a lot of sense lol. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something that I was personally doing, so if it was, I could change it.

2 Likes

That’s a good place to start! I’ve known a couple people since beta, but they all kinda blew up, so how would I go about collabing with them? Or should I collab with people of similar level to me?

2 Likes

That is your comfort level. If you are friends then see if they’ll do it. On Vine, alot of my friends were bigger viners and that never stopped me nor the collabs. If it was good content, it was good content lol

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t think of it that way, true lol. I definitely will try that route, thanks!

2 Likes

just do this: THIS IS A ROBBERY, GIVE ME ALL YOUR REBYTES! NOW! PUT THEM ALL IN @Smoothio !

And see the engagement flowing in.

2 Likes