I'm going to high school

Yeah so I picked my classes for high school and I have no idea what any of them are I’m doomed

11 Likes

good luck!! i am going to be a sophomore and freshman year isn’t really that bad at all. if u need advice, i’d say join clubs to see what you’re interested in doing or passionate about, and then try to keep it up throughout your years

2 Likes

Maaaaaaan do I not miss high school. You can make the best of it though :slight_smile: if I could give some advice its actually do your classes. I sound old and lame (even though I’m 24) but I regret not taking it more seriously.

9 Likes

this is so weird because I just graduated high school and did not like it AT ALL. I hope you do get that opportunity.

5 Likes

Some advice from someone who hated school and barely graduated, not that you asked, but still:

:black_heart:If you just can’t keep up with homework for a class, try to make sure you can at least get high scores on tests, ask questions in class, show some interest. A lot of my teachers took mercy on my bad attendance/never doing homework because I could show them that I knew the material. Don’t rely on this, it is a backup plan. (Your best bet is to just do the stupid homework; but I’m aware that schools give out way more of it now than they did 10 years ago)

:black_heart:Deep down inside, most of your teachers are good people that care about you and want you to succeed-- even some of the “mean” ones. But yeah, there will probably be a couple that just have it out for kids and they can make things harder for you. The year/semester WILL end and they won’t control your life forever. Consider it lower-stakes practice for the evil bosses and snake coworkers you may have in the future.

:black_heart:these aren’t the “best” years of your life, but they can be really cool. Don’t take friend drama too seriously, don’t let relationships become the only thing you pursue. Your brain is actually still developing and this is a great time to find new hobbies and interests + to generally better yourself. I imagine it feels a little weird to be a teenager right now, so if the future seems too distant and hopeless sometimes, find things to be happy about in the present.

good luck!

5 Likes

High school was fun at the time, but I do not miss it AT ALL.

My first culture shock was realizing how small/child-like everyone looked. In the movies, there are 30 year olds who are playing as highschoolers. Don’t expect people to drive in pink BMW convertibles and crop-tops. Just be yourself and find people who have similar interest.

Looking back, I should have never tried because community college grades are more important if you go to CC after HS and want to transfer to a “good” University(or you can just get a 2.0 and transfer to a state university that has to accept you).

1 Like

i’m going into my senior year. don’t worry about high school too much, just do the work and try to squeeze what little enjoyment you can out of it.

4 Likes

These are the defining moments, try and make em count and have fun🤙🏽

1 Like

A lot of people have different experiences with HS, but for me, it was meh the first two years and really great the last two. I met my friend group and I actually miss going to classes with them and talking while mindlessly taking down notes lmao everyone’s experience is different, but you can meet some of your best friends in HS! Good luckkkk!!

6 Likes

You’ll be fine my dude. I was slightly nervous going to HS but looking back I really enjoyed it. (Even though I was a horrible student)

2 Likes

14 more days until I go

2 Likes

You get to pick classes? They just give us the same subjects over and over untill we graduate

1 Like

Yeah this semester I’m taking English 9 algebra 1A and 1B agro science world history then you choose three electives and I guess they pick out of those three which one to give you and those are intro to business and marketing robotics and cosmetology and then Singleton classes we rank three of them and then they pick one of them and mine is Latin American culture/ french culture Earth science and then career exploration At least that’s how it works at my school

2 Likes

Hope it goes well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thxs

2 Likes

Same here. My first 2 years were just a confusing time. All the friends I made in elementary or in middle school were basically falling into their own little groups. I was mostly left out and trying to find my way being known as the ‘quiet kid’ and it wasn’t until the 2nd half of my high school experience where I really started to enjoy it. Especially my senior year. I found my core group of friends, and because of that the rest of the year went by with ease.

2 Likes

SAMEEE!!! Literally I had a nice amount of friends from elementary school but they started to form other friend groups that I wasn’t part of and I became really shy/quiet until I finally met my group in 11th grade and made even more friends through those people in 12th grade

2 Likes

Good luck! I know it’s probably gonna be the weirdest first year of high-school with everything going on lol, but I hope you enjoy it and find your space.

3 Likes

So change of plans it’s virtual now and I have to be online by 7 45 agh

1 Like

Damn that sucks :confused:

1 Like