If you're swedish what was it like visiting the USA?

What were reality vs expectations when visiting the USA as a swede?

i expected to be swedish, but i wasnt

4 Likes

Swedish fish

1 Like

It can vary depending on what area of America you are visiting. Where are you going? :grinning:

But overall, I have heard foreigners say that Americans tend to be very talkative, compared to their own culture.

1 Like

I am not Swedish but as a turist I really loved San Francisco’s streets and Miami Beaches but I hated the long waiting lines in Disney Amusement Parks and sometimes it was kinda uncomfortable the windy climate at San Francisco but that was not an issue at all.

1 Like

As an American, I can tell you a few things:

1. Depending on the part of the country you visit, Americans can be very rude. Its not you, its us.
  2. Expect NO ONE to know what your accent is and where you are from.
    2a) Expect your accent to get in the way of people understanding you. Americans traditionally aren’t good with accents.
  3. Everyone here drives like they’re in a scene from Mad Max, be careful.
  4. Chips= Fries and Crisps=Chips
  5. Most of our tourist attractions aren’t worth seeing unless you have a deep love for American history.

That’s all I can think of for now. Have fun!

9 Likes

Are you Swedish?? :thinking:

1 Like

:+1:t3: :+1:t3: 8 char

:clap: :clap: 8char

I should have titled it “If you’re swedish what was it like visiting the usa?” I’m not swedish just wanted to hear their perspective on what it was like visiting there. I have heard americans are more talkative compared to other countries

I should have titled it “If you’re swedish what was it like visiting the usa?” I’m not swedish just wanted to hear their perspective on what it was like visiting there. I do agree when it’s summer time those lines at disney world get mad long

No. I just changed the title because I wanted to know what the experience was like for a swede visiting the usa. Apparently the title confused people

2 Likes

Kind of an odd question for somebody who isn’t swedish tbh

5 Likes

It’s all good :sparkles::pray:t4:

2 Likes

Appreciate it

1 Like

still intriguing imo :thinking:

why swedish lol

3 Likes

pewdiepie and avicii could be 2 reasons :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes