If you plan on remaking vines on byte, read this

Ok, I’m making this into a topic because I feel like some people don’t read the comments and other posts, (where I talked about this but in a shorter version) so,I understand that most of the people who joined the forums, miss vine. And they want to make a new era or a new generation of vine, etc. But there is something that I think we all need to let everyone know what byte is going to be. Byte is a fun, creative app that contains ORIGINAL content. That’s it… and why do I say this? Because if byte were an app where people kept taking ideas from other people and “remaking” them, then that’s just tiktok.
If you have the idea of copying ideas from vine and remaking them on byte but “crediting the original creator” then you should just go to TikTok. I don’t mean in it the rude way, it’s just that you WILL grow more on byte if you stick to ORIGINAL content. Yeah sure, you can have a vine give you some Inspirational ideas, and put them into a byte. TikTok is more like a trend app. You see so much videos about one joke, and then the joke gets old because you’ve seen it so many times. People are not going to laugh at remakes of a vine, because they have already seen the original, even if they didn’t, they would see (hopefully) that you credited the original vine creator, they would see his/her vine compilation and just think that byte is another trend app. (I feel like I could’ve explained that better) but anyways,
Byte= original content
TikTok= trend app, copying other creators
I thought I had more to say, but if you have anything else to say, please feel free to give your opinion :+1: thanks for taking your time to read this

41 Likes

Well said! I’ve been making a list of byte’s that I have thought of and the list goes to 30-40 topics I can expand on.

17 Likes

Straight facts

16 Likes

big brain

15 Likes

The truth has been told

12 Likes

Amen!

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing!! greatly appreciated :))

10 Likes

Love this post :+1:t5: .Tbh I was debating if I wanted to do it cause I wanted to get peoples attention to coming to the app but that’s wrong and I will do things the right way, so I said to myself whatever happened at vine will stay at vine. Question (If people are reading this): If the viner who made a viral video comes to byte and start back making those, would it be cool to do what they’re doing long as you credit them?

7 Likes

WELL! :clap:FREAKING! :clap:SAID! :clap:
Stop being so pressed to get famous :roll_eyes:Create content and have fun!
We are pioneers. Radiate fun positive energy and the people will notice. :100:
@Rudy1OG THANK-YOU for saying this!!!

16 Likes

Cant agree more! Well said bud

9 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::raised_hands::raised_hands: YESSS PERFECTLY SAID! TOTALLY AGREE!

7 Likes

Maybe if byte succeeds, our future of vine will be in a better place of our comedy’s playground​:laughing::rofl:

3 Likes

I knew it, they’re talking about me…

3 Likes

Are you serious?:joy:

6 Likes

Happy you said this! I was thinking the exact same thing! The reason why vine was so popular was because is (mostly) contained ORIGINAL content. So yeah, I think taking inspiration from things and making them your own is closer to OC if you’re unable to think of OC, than blatantly remaking content. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think there is some ambiguity in the word “Original.” If someone makes a funny Byte, and someone makes a similar one with different lines, then should we attack this person for copying? If someone copies the brand of the video or recreates that video verbatim, that is wrong, and should not be tolerated.

After all, Byte will have Vine in every aspect, and that is where everyone is deriving their ideas from, but we have to make sure that if someone posts something, and someone else wants to make a similar video, he/she MUST credit the originator, this way the credit is given where it is due.

7 Likes

I read your other post and I’m just going to say, forget everything I just said :joy:. Long story short, I guess it’s up to the viewers to judge whether what you did was right or wrong, even if you did or didn’t credit the original person who made it. And you can always ask the creator who made it, if it’s alright to do so. Only they can break up the argument about, “stealing content” with proof of conversation/text messages.
That wasn’t long story short…

6 Likes

I’m sure there would be a better way to solve the issue, if there was one.

5 Likes

Well said Rudy :sunglasses:

4 Likes

No truer words were said.

5 Likes