If there was the perfect messaging application, What would it do?

I’m not going to say anything too much but I’m currently working on a Messaging Application myself. It is far behind the stages of the byte app :joy: but it is coming along. I’ve decided to build a new Messaging Application myself because Snapchat’s performance on low-end Android Phones is okay/bad and Instagram goes down every once in a while and has less features than Snapchat.

What would you like to see in a Messaging app? You can go crazy e.g. Stories from Snapchat + Feed from Instagram etc.

4 Likes

Video message

3 Likes

Good customisation
Like profile background
Maybe gif avatars?
Custom message boxes? (Maybe not custom, but you have a variety to choose from)
Current geoloc is rly cool
Maybe random chat function?
Audio and video messages
You can download your own stickers?
Profile stickers? (Eg a person can buy a rose or a cat sticker and put it anywhere they want on their profile page)
Small Easter egg app
Formatting Options? Like colored text n shit
Stories by tags?

But you still need to be careful with that, since a camel is a horse designed by committee😉

Ps
I would actually love to work with you around this idea, there is not such a big gap in the market, but by creating something specific, this project can become something that weights

7 Likes

oh shit, I should actually do business management for my uni degree :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think it would be like snapchat but just more personalization of it. Similar to what teapot said. Maybe if you could customize design, backgrounds, profile pic, and more. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Who said the byte beta is the only beta to look forward to :eyes:

2 Likes

All of these suggestions sound amazing and it would be a pleasure for me to try and implement them, especially coloured text/bold text etc. It is a simple yet useful and fun way to express yourself so thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:
One of the biggest features I want to build into Violet is cross-application messaging e.g. texting a friend who dosen’t have the app via SMS/RCS/WhatsApp via Twilio/Violet on the Web

It would be interesting to see how this goes

3 Likes