Not sure if this has been talked about at all but I was thinking about this at work today. Many apps now a days have a paid subscription which most of us don’t mind paying. The Byte team is relatively small, I think a OPTIONAL paid subscription wouldn’t be a bad move at all. Obviously we all love this app and most of us have stuck around since the beginning of its creation. Why not support the team, the app, and keep the office lights on. I’m sure investments have been made into the company and we’re all certain it will thrive and add a somewhat new form of content into the social media sphere. These are my proposed ideas.
- $4.99 monthly subscription
- New app icons and profile color schemes each month (exclusive to paid only)
- A gold subscriber badge on profile (NOT A VERIFICATION BADGE) and maybe comments
- As months go on a new rank is added to the badge like how club penguin used to be LOL
- Access to beta after release, test new features (this one might be out of the question)
- Maybe a few extra stars on your profile like how “Beta Tester” is granted
- DOES NOT remove ads or push your Bytes higher up in the algorithm
- The satisfaction of helping a wonderful team of people
I don’t know this is just my thinking I’m sure most people wouldn’t mind it. So let me know what you think!