I would love to know if everyone is okay

Is everyone in the world okay? Do you know anyone with the virus, have you been tested? What’s your city like? I want info people! I need to know if the community is okay!!!

Much love!
Backwoody out!

18 Likes

Medically, I’m okay. Mentally, I’m stressed AF. Having the labs close indefinitely means I’m that much farther away from graduating… Thanks for checking in!

5 Likes

I’m in Canada, everyone is at home, streets are empty, but isn’t as bad as in Europe and Asia. In terms of me, my family we are all okay and doing just fine. Just like most people mentally stressed I got 4 exams next week but it could change and I’m just all over the place.

3 Likes

Im in Georgia, US. No clue the real number of cases because testing has been so slow but officially it’s at 200 for Georgia, 8 for my county. My last 2 months of my senior year are now going to be online and our graduation commencement has been cancelled. I let myself cry about that today along with other personal losses and adjustments and small things that I realize I took for granted like hugging my grandma, my family’s Easter celebration, visiting my nephews and brother, hanging out with friends, going shopping without fear. My entire future was about to kick off and now it’s at a dead stop so it’s been a lot to adjust to so quickly and my anxiety has been bad. If anyone else has bad anxiety too don’t forget to let yourself relax enough from monitoring everything and worry to let yourself mourn your personal losses along with the losses of the world. Dont hold it all in. We all had lives disrupted by this even if we don’t get sick and are luckier than many, it sucks for everyone. We’re all in this together.

I hope to God I don’t get sick because I’m more scared of being asymptomatic or have mild symptoms (I’m 22) and not know and/or not be able to be tested and unknowingly spread it and potentially also to my grandma who I wish I could lock in her house lol. I’m preparing for the worst though. Making sure my family is ready for anything. Ordered food to pick up at Kroger in 3 days. Moving my rats from my apartment to my family house next week. Making plans and preparing gives me the illusion of control😅

In all seriousness though, I know it’s about to get far far far worse in the US before it levels out (if it does) and we aren’t ready, but we will get through this. One day at a time. Put politics aside right now and be kind to everyone because we are all scared. There is no time for anything else but surviving this and definitely no time for hate.

I’m trying to find ways to cope with the new reality. I think I’m going to start journaling because it gives me a routine and will help process emotions. And maybe it will feel like I’m writing it down because someday, when this is all over, I can look back. Meaning it will be over someday. We’re going through a sort of war together and we’ll all be bonded by it like the country was bonded by 9/11 and World War 2. We can make it through this.

5 Likes

Have they canceled any schools in Canada yet?

2 Likes

Are you okay? Let us know too!

1 Like

Not an issue! I need to know the byte fan is okay :100:

2 Likes

I’m doing okay! My town in Colorado isn’t on deep deep lockdown, atleast not yet. I’m scared but excited to see what happens.

1 Like

Dm me on Instagram if you need to talk! I’m here for you!

1 Like

If you need anyone to talk to please dm me on Instagram. I’m here for all of you people and want to make sure you all are okay :heart:

1 Like

Thank you😊 you too! Yeah sometimes I watch the news and it feels like I’m watching a tv show or a movie. Maybe that’s a coping thing lol because my brain can’t accept how real it is

1 Like

This entire corona thing is like a movie. Would t be surprised if this is the start of something new…

2 Likes

I think I dissociated some today because I had the thought of “what if this is a bad nightmare” and like felt myself lift out of my body some. It was scary like my mind wanted it to be a nightmare and not real so bad.

So many theories of what’s actually going on right now and I firmly believe none of this is real and I might wake of from a dream tomorrow morning or something and it was all jnreal

2 Likes

Honestly who am I to say what is or isnt real. Who knows. But just in case I’ll stay home lol😂

2 Likes

I’m in the UK and I was working from home and keeping my children home even though they wouldn’t shut the schools. Now they finally do shut on Friday. I’ve been talking to friends around the country and we are all terrified. We are in a rural town in Wiltshire and a lot of us have been isolating ourselves. Though too many people are carrying on as normal, apart from panic buying everything. We have an amazing team of volunteers helping those of us who are classed as vulnerable.
Stay safe everyone.
Edited to add- my teenage nephew has the symptoms and he’s a high risk person, they haven’t tested him :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Oh wow I’m shocked they aren’t closing schools before Friday. Like immediately.

Have they had any mandates in the UK to close restaurants and bars after a certain hour or close them to drive thru or carryout only?

They are just starting to have proper restrictions but it’s all very vague. Many places have chosen to close. It feels like they are trying to kill us off, if that isn’t the plan then their plan A has clearly gone wrong.

1 Like

God I hope they realize that what’s happening in Italy is all of our future in less than 10 days or a week if we don’t have action NOW. We literally have Italians telling us to not make their mistakes and we are.