I want the cold blooded truth [JUST FOR ME]

“It takes real vulnerability to participate, so let’s keep feedback kind and constructive”
Alright so let’s throw that in the trash right away^ for MY personal thread.

For those that “Love and support” my work, I ask kindly if you stay out of this one, but if you have true honest opinions about me “Harsh or Negative” I want them here.
This is the time for that and I just want it for me, Not the entirety of byte, Just 1 creator called @JohnQ (THAT’S ME)

Please don’t close or take this thread down, Whatever is said on here, I want it kept. It’s for me and me only We’re all adults here, I’m an adult, there’s no need to sugarcoat crap
I want you all to criticize ME, and , ME only. If you drag anybody else on this thread that has nothing to do with ME then you’re breaking the rules of what I’m asking of y’all that are really willing to speak up and say some shit I want this, and I really need this
THE FOCUS SHOULD ONLY BE ON ME AND MY CONTENT, ANYBODY ELSE IS A “no-no”

I want the cold-blooded truth. I want real honesty about the work I’ve put out on byte. My Content, My page, everything from the ground up. I’m not asking for “TrOlLs” [What I mean by that is saying shit like “Go KMS”] I’m not asking for that, I’m not asking for that positive feedback that the majority have given me in these last few months since bytes release.
I appreciate all of your kind words, but it’s time to get some other voices of opinion that a lot try to avoid here, but I am asking for it, I really am. no bs. If you have something to say to my face. say it here.
I’m asking for real harsh criticism that not a lot of you want to deal with. So, please. I’m welcoming all the haters, even the ones that are secretly wearing a mask. Be as real with me as you can with my content on byte @JohnQ
giphy (1)

3 Likes

@Peter1

thoughts?

1 Like

I think that nobody responded in this thread because everyone thinks you are perfect

2 Likes

Thanks, Man. It really means a lot. I think I might have come off as too aggressive and might have scared most people lol. but thanks again. I appreciate this.
giphy (2)

1 Like

I think you have a confident energy in your bytes which is a really good thing. Sometimes I felt your audio was a tad louder than it needed to be (shower +may 4th). But keep doing you cause its good!

2 Likes

Plus I wrote all of this on not the best mind set, which is beyond stupid on my part, I asked for the thread to be taken down eventually. Doesn’t feel right anymore for this to just float around in the community

1 Like

i respect it. you do you.

1 Like

I highly appreciate this. Thank you for your input, Bailey!

1 Like

Like being roasted :fire:? that could be a fun thread. … like your just a knock off markaplier ! (I get homeless Keanu reeves)

1 Like

That would of been 1000x better :joy: :joy: I think I should have gone with that idea lol

1 Like

But for real. Art is a process. Your the best critiq and as long as your making content and pushing yourself and trying to improve than it will show in the vids… making the content is the important part .

2 Likes

Better to try than not try at all :fire:

3 Likes

Very solid points, Ant. Thanks a ton!
giphy (3)

1 Like

1 Like

Honestly I just went back and tried to find something bad about your bytes but it was difficult to find anything negative. You’re a great part of the community and your jokes are solid. I guess my question is what are you trying to get out of the criticism? Are you trying to improve? Are you trying to gain more followers by improving?

3 Likes

Thank you man and it’s definitely more of #1. I mean the whole point of this I guess is me trying to find out what “Works” and what doesn’t. I wanna know what I should do more of and what I should really do less of. I personally feel like i’m a “mixed bag” when it comes to my bytes, you don’t know what you might get with me, it might be a cool edit, a clever punchline/joke/gag, or just me being me. I’m not sure If I should just focus on 1 type of thing that the majority of you around me find great or stick to being this “Mixed bag”. Insecurity plays a huge part in all this lol
Hopefully everything I just said makes sense.

Yeah, it makes sense. It would be nice if vids could go viral, then definately popular vids influence future vids. But with the way byte is now vids can’t get viral so much harder to gage successful vids. There’s also a type of vid that gets spotlighted and they show us what the devs like…

that being said i get popular vids on tiktok, and it’s often the vids I don’t like as much. I tend to just make vids I wanna make and after a few days I either still like it or hate it…and I learn that way, what I should and shouldn’t do. I also get my kids to watch vids and see if they like them, that helps;) hopefully byte picks up so we can get access to genuine followers and fans to interact with. Not just other supportive content creators… as for mixed vids, I’m all for it. Try new things and keep what you like. I know I said it earlier, but it’s a process and learning to be your own critic is very helpful. Keep up the good work mate👍

3 Likes

If it makes you feel better I’m the exact same way. I feel like my bytes are completely random and I feel like I still don’t know what works or even have much of a niche. But I’d say that gives my comedy more of an edge because people actually don’t know what to expect which So I can’t catch them off guard with a joke they weren’t expecting. It’s a lot like a double edge sword because I feel insecure about it just like you but it also makes me feel a bit empowered.

However I do see what you mean though. If you’re going to do skits I would stick to doing skits and if you were going to do a bit of a vlog type byte then I would do that a much further in between. I think the only vlog type byte I ever did was 3 questions and people seemed to like that :man_shrugging:t2: I still don’t know what my audience likes tbh.

I would keep doing your skits. Comedy is like a muscle and you will become funnier the more you do it. I upload twice a day at this point or at the very least once a day. Maybe try uploading more often and crank out even more content and stay as relevant as possible.

1 Like