I wanna know how to animate like shilly does.. seriously

okay so like I am really great at design, drawing video editing and even music but one thing that still holds me back is animating. I kind of have an idea on what software he uses but I really wanna do things like this because I have soo many things I wanna do with my own websites and yt intros and stuff but I just don’t know where to start. If you’re good with this stuff or can lead me in the right direction please do because I want to learn this to feel complete and why not. Quarantine has given me the time to do this now.

Ie I wanna do stuff like this

3 Likes

Try Blender for 3d modeling

3 Likes

ooo okay now what about like 2d design. Like the twitter heart animation for example.

Procreate is the easiest to learn for 2d, and professional. But these examples seem to be 3d modeling. Blender for the 3d camera, model, and lighting movements… I’m guessing these were done in blender

2 Likes

okay I wanna try learning both because you never know when I am gonna be making a website backdrop or just a like button. like his website has some moving dots thats id love to do in the future

Stuff like that might be achievable with css especially with some animation libraries, though I haven’t tried myself.
On the other hand, cinema4d + Adobe after effects can be used to make 3d animations

1 Like

I can definitely say that while I don’t know if Blender was used to make those, it’s definitely possible to do it in Blender.
Personally I’ve been using Blender for about 2 years and I love it. There’s so many things you can do with it. Heck, it’s what I use to make pretty much all of my byte videos.

@Jacobshadowminer, if you plan on learning Blender, there’s a massive amount of paid and free resources that can help you learn how to use it. I recommend starting with the introductory courses made by CG Geek and Blender Guru on YouTube. In addition, if you have any questions concerning Blender, feel free to ask me! :blush:

3 Likes

okay sure thing! I have seen some things and it looks straight forward and definitely what i have been wanting to learn for a while! I will let you know if I run into any issues!

1 Like

Blender has a strong community. It’s free. Just got huge funding from Epic Games and it’s on the rise. Great for the indie artist. It’s seem though that Cinema4D is a good place to look into. If you have After Effects, it comes with a lite version. Look into GreyScaleGorilla. They have awesome tutotrials. Once you go down that rabbit hole and YouTube…you’ll discover a lot.

3 Likes

made my first spinning disc lol

1 Like

Nice job! You’re already on your way to become a Blender pro! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

1 Like

that popisiclie design looks both cool and makes me hungry lol

1 Like

same

1 Like