I’ve Been Outta The Loop

Man a LOT has changed since I got logged outta the forums a few months back! So now v2 is called “byte”? That’s neato! I also heard it was postponed again for someone on the developement team passing away? (If that’s just a rumor then I apologize) Please Kindly update me on what’s going on with Dom and Byte these days!

7 Likes

Welcome back! Here’s what’s been going on:

The app was never going to be called v2 because of legal reasons, it was a placeholder name until Dom could decide on one, and he already owned the rights to ‘Byte’ so he repurposed it into v2’s new name.

There’s no official postponement announced, it was just implied because indeed, Colin Kroll sadly passed away and he was one of the co-founders of Vine, as well as a friend of Dom’s so you can infer why we think the app might be postponed just a bit further.

Otherwise, there isn’t much, however, we do have a discord server kindly made for us by @kaden, which I will be happy to provide the link for if you’re interested.

Happy to have you back :blush:

20 Likes

hiya Marsho. jay already said everything to actual perfection, so I don’t have much else to say. Welcome back!

(Also changing to off topic)

5 Likes

outta the “Loop” eh? ba-dum tss

11 Likes

Pun intended?

2 Likes

hehehe
welcome back! :blush:

1 Like

for a full update on what’s up with Byte just check out this video. So far the most detailed (and only) one on the internet.

8 Likes

Can confirm flo is the only reputable news source

2 Likes

ayyyy <3

2 Likes

that triangle symbol near btye reminds me a little bit of google play. i’m super elated thooo !!

1 Like

Check out this thread I made to see how it has changed throughout the months!

1 Like

Just subsrcibe to Flo and he’ll keep you on the loop at all times

3 Likes

in my unbiased opinion I completely agree <3

1 Like

Thanks so much ma’am!! And I’d be happy to join the Discord yeah!!

1 Like

Wonderful to hear that, here’s a temp link:

1 Like

hey the discord link expired, could someone send it again?

:heart:

1 Like

Welcome back!!

1 Like

thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back homeslice. <3

1 Like