I see many people miss-use the categories

I have seen many users miss-use the category by posting it on the featured category but the video is different then the category they post in. I would like the BYTE team to see all the categories top videos and see people are miss-using it.

11 Likes

Yeah i see it a lot in art and cute people putting comedy, edits and anime when all those categories already exist… :woozy_face:

4 Likes

i sense desperate and clout chasing, pro for clickbait and easy way to generate likes, loops, and followers. but sometimes creators might be undecided

5 Likes

Yessir they need to do something about it

2 Likes

Yes, do look at all categories top videos you will find nothing of the topic but yet it’s there on the top

1 Like

I haven’t seen this yet but believe me when I see something miss categorized in the gaming category I am not gonna take it too nicely. I haven’t really branched out of comedy and gaming yet. Looks like I need to now.

1 Like

You have to see many users are miss using it

2 Likes

Pathetic! :unamused: I can’t wait until they can find more moderation who are moderate people who can take care of these people.

1 Like

any suggestions?

1 Like

A button where we can report about wrong video in wrong category

2 Likes

how about a category mod as an idea? nothing they would have to build into the app.

maybe you could pitch the idea over in ideas and feature requests

3 Likes

I will do that for sure

2 Likes

It’s a problem right now yes, but when the app is really gaining traction those videos will most likely die from them being categorized incorrectly. Since it will be seen to people who aren’t seeking that.

With that said everyone if not all creators should be making solid vids for the right categories for when byte blows up!

8 Likes

I agree. I have seen this a lot in Art and it makes me a little sad.

2 Likes

It happens a lot in the nature tag- there’s a lot of things I’d consider comedy which aren’t really including nature…
That being said, there’s somethings which are confusing- like travel and nature; like a lot of “nature” is also “travel”.

4 Likes

Yeah its a problem

3 Likes

I have made a post like this before, but it never seems to be picked up by the community.
As I stated in there, when people wanted (and I still do) the option of posting a byte to more than one category, Dom said it wouldn’t be possible to avoid category abuse… Now, that didn’t solve it and people are abusing categories in such annoying ways that I don’t use most of them at all.

6 Likes

You are correct. They even deleted one of my video when I posted a wrong video in wrong category to see if it works but for people who gets more likes byte did not delete the video for them as they are miss using it but nothing for them

Furkan it always seems like you think everyone’s out to get you! I don’t think there is any special treatment going on? I see a different flux of creators at the top every day on byte? Like in every category? It’s always rotating. Of course people who are popular are gonna be at the top. That’s what popularity is. As for the misusing the categories, I do feel this frustration because sometimes in the voice category there is something in there with absolutely no content related to why it would be in the voices category other than the fact people are speaking in the video. This is also just my own personal frustration but I’m not like overly mad about it nor am I gonna tell those people something. I don’t know how modding works on byte but maybe some more mods looking over the categories to make sure that they’re being used correctly would be my type of “getting to the bottom of it.” Just wanted to share my thoughts on this. :innocent:

7 Likes

I wouldn’t talk about special treatment, at least not regarding category miss-use. It feels like this is a problem of Not Having a Proper Tool to solve this yet.
I have, in the past, suggested community moderation, while some people think that can be easily abused and should be left to actual human mods. If you are saying they deleted a video of yours for being in the wrong category, then that makes me hopeful that they are actually doing something about it, but there are too many abusers to fight effectively.

2 Likes