I owe you an amends

Hi, how are you. It was revealed to me set my behavior on here in the past 24 to 48 hours at disappointed some people, and I can understand why. I posted a bunch of ridiculous go-fund-me’s on the go-fund-me Thread and while my intention was to be at best funny, at worst a mildly antagonistic goof — it came off as tone deaf. Especially given the current state of the forums. I don’t wanna be seen as somebody who is belittling causes that I myself believe it. I have used humor to cope with all sorts of unimaginably dark shit in my life, but I have to remember there’s not a little version of me living in everybody’s head that knows my intentions.

Being a dad, and having worked in education for 20 plus years, I never feel like my conversations with younger people, even if they are intense, are ‘arguments.’ They are just discussions as far as I’m concerned. I disagree with people I love all the time. And I’m not saying anything on here that I wouldn’t say to your face. However, A lot of nuance gets diminished over the Internet. So I will check myself, lest I wreck myself for now on.

At the end of the day, if I harmed you or you were upset with me I’m very sorry and would love to make it up to you.

25 Likes

idk what this is about but ily onkel

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing but love for you sir.

4 Likes

Making amends is a powerful salve! I also don’t know anything about the original case but I agree with the principle of self reflection and making amends when we step on the toes of others. So, well done!

1 Like

Thank you for apologizing and realizing what you did was wrong I want to apologize too because I went the wrong way about it and I could have been a lot nicer

5 Likes

Apology accepted :blush: you seem like you’re a very nice person and I believe your apology is coming from the heart. Hope you have a great rest of the day.

2 Likes

once again i really respect this, especially on a public forum. it wasn’t my apology to accept, so i just want to say thank you!!

2 Likes

I’ve certainly made my share of jokes that I realized after the fact weren’t good for that particular situation. Thanks for being an example of taking responsibility and apologizing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes