I need healthy food options, what are some good health foods you know?

I’ve been super unhealthy for the past few days (I had Chinese like twice in a row) and I now almost feel unhealthy despite not being sick or anything. I was just wondering, do you guys know any good food combos which are healthy? just wondering cause I have a pretty low amount of knowledge when it comes to this.

4 Likes

Not a meal, but I used to always eat dried pumpkin seeds instead of any junk food. Used to:laughing:

2 Likes

Flaming hot Cheetos (don’t b scared, they’re not that spicy)

3 Likes

Oh yeah, this is my time to shine :joy: I mean there is SOOO many amazing heathy food combos it’s unreal! But what do you like? Do you want sweet, savoury or both? Snack or just a meal etc. Etc. (I’m a health nut so this my thing :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

after a binge-on-crap day, i like to make a plain vegetable root soup, it tastes good and it helps settle the stomach (i can post the recipe if you’re interested, it’s cheap to make and easy).

then i have a tomato, cucumber and lettuce salad with olive oil, salt, and apple cider vinegar. if you need something more solid, i suppose you can grill some chicken breast with mild seasoning (sorry, my knowledge of meat doesn’t extend past that).

i really like hummus and celery/carrots. you can also have it with blue corn chips (better for you than the normal ones). the garlic hummus from any brand is always amazing. it’s pretty filling and low in oil, but it feels like an unhealthy snack bc it tastes really good.

if you want sweet, you can make a pretty good chocolate chia seed pudding. or lookup healthy desserts and decide on one.

4 Likes

Breakfast burritos with lots of veggies (I use bell pepper, mushroom, broccoli, tomato, and steamed zucchini if I have time for it) is always good + whatever else you wanna put in it and ofc seasoning

There’s also this really good vegan cooking blog I know, I’m not even vegan but I’ve made some stuff off it and it’s always really good (and you can ofc just use normal stuff instead of the replacement vegan stuff) (blog)

2 Likes

Both snacks and meals sound good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

will probably try some of those!

1 Like

I should try a breakfast burrito, they sound pretty interesting

1 Like

wow, thank you so much! will definitely try some of those!
and don’t worry about losing track, it was very helpful :smiley:

2 Likes

It depends on what your goal is,losing weight or building muscle/mass. I’ll try to keep it as short as possible.
When it comes to food you’ll have to eat less sweet stuff and fast foods. Instead,you’ll try to include protein and complex carbohydrates into your meals. You can check which foods are rich in protein by simply googling it. You also want to eat as much fruits as possible. However,you DO NOT want to skip meals. Eating 4 healthy meals with snacks(mostly fruits) in between is fine. And please don’t become vegan if you want to lose weight,meat is one of the best sources of protein and cutting it out would be damaging.

However,if you want to be healthier you’ll also have not to only eat heathier,but live healthier.
This includes working out regularly,drinking a lot of water, sleeping at least 7 hours a day and other stuff you’ve probably heard before.
By working out you are increasing your metabolism rate,meaning food is processed faster and leaves your body quicker(i know this is not the exact definition).
You can find a lot of diet plans online but I’ll just leave mine here for an example
7:00 AM - 1st big meal
2:20 PM - 2nd big meal
5:00 PM - Medium meal before workout
5:00PM - 7:00 PM - Gym/Karate training
8:00 PM -3d big meal
Additional info- I’m 16yo and my daily calorie intake is ~2700-3000cal (I’m more of a strenghth guy)

Oh,and @DatKidMolly listed lots of food examples already that you should try out

3 Likes

You can make a lot of salads, I make salads with fish,chicken and beef. I like the pumpkin puree. You can drink a soap before every meal.
If you want to lose weight you have to eat small portions, if you want to gain weight eat more quantities of food a day (approx 6-7) and do not forget to eat every 3 hours.

2 Likes

I used to watch Dr Oz on TV, and I remember him saying to make a juice using grapefruits and a couple other fruits…drink it before every meal, and it should help slim you down! I’m guessing it’s a mix of citrus fruit like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you so much! will keep that in mind

2 Likes