I’m sad but is it ok?

Is taking a break acceptable?

Having a tough time at home and it’s hard to upload consistently. I don’t want this to hurt my channel but it’s just difficult. Do you guys think it’s ok to take breaks? Personal opinions wanted!

10 Likes

This was me just two days ago. I’m glad you feel comfortable coming here to ask for advice or another opinion. I think if you feel The way you feel, it’s best to take a break. What many people told me was that I matter first before putting out content, not the other way around and I gotta say I rlly agree w them! I have to be in a happy and healthy state of mind in order to be able to access the best side of my creativity! If that makes sense? In real matters more, and you have to remember that. I hope whatever you’re going through quicjly gets better :heart: You deserve happiness and to smile. You’ll be okay, you took the first step. Happy thoughts man, we’re here for you :pray:t6::heavy_heart_exclamation::balloon:

8 Likes

Thank you so much❤️

5 Likes

I haven’t posted in a WHILEEEE. it’s ok to take a break if you want to or need to.

5 Likes

What rom-com said is absolutely right!

ive basically been taking a break since launch to repair irl stuff going on, and it’s been far worth it.
The app is extra, but your life is your own!

5 Likes

Yeah just as long as it isnt too long :sweat: I’ve taken 2 or 3 day breaks with no issues, but the 2 week one I just took seems to have really impacted my viewership. But by all means, mental health first, but maybe try to film at least one small video every few days If you can (atleast that is if you’re genuinely trying to make social media a career; if it’s just for fun, TAKE THE BREEEAAAAAKKKK it ain’t worth it lol)

6 Likes

Ask yourself why are you doing this, and why would it be bad to take a break. Are you doing this to build an audience? Is the growth you’ve had with your current posting schedule worth it to sacrifice your health?

I know big youtubers have issues taking breaks. They are heavily penalized by the algorithm, and their views directly impact their income. But here on Byte, no one is earning a living just yet. The app is on it’s infancy, and there are more creators than viewers around.

What I mean to say by this is: If there’s a moment to slow down, take a break, and really examine yourself, it’s this one. Analyze your state, and the state of your content. Are you happy with it? Are you actually happy making content at all? Take a couple of days off. Does the break make you want to go back to creating because you miss it? Or because you feel like you Need to?

Getting to know yourself and what you really want/need is one of the most important things in life.

4 Likes

It’s okay to break, byte shouldn’t be our/your #1 priority. (Unless if it becomes your full-time job). The views, likes, and followers aren’t going anywhere, you won’t be missing much.

You shouldn’t worry about pumping content consistently, post when you can. I post for fun or when I can, don’t let this stress you. Be healthy.

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid to take your breaks. I’m taking one right now cause I’ve kinda burned myself out with working on videos.
It’s better for you to release amazing content every now and then than to release mediocre content every day. At least that’s how I see it. :blush:

3 Likes

Mental health should always be first. Please take care of you.

I am going through something similar. I’m struggling to post daily but I’m scared to lose momentum. I am not good at taking my own advise. Though the “stress” imposed by posting videos seems so small compared to Covid-19 and everything else. I think Byte is my distraction from that.

But I might need to take a day off this weekend. Please don’t leave me. :joy::sob:

5 Likes

Taken 4 or 5 breaks. In a break right now myself (simply cause work has gotten crazy recently). It’s fine. There’s more to life than Byte, as most people forget.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Byte/social media in general should never feel like an obligation. It should always feel like something to do when you can that you are passionate about. If you need a break, take a break. At the end of the day, do whatever is best for you because thats most important. Nothing else.

6 Likes

My love is entertaining others but my dad is only love. My mom is unable to take care of her and my dad by herself and I have to take a leave from work. You guys are awesome and you are such a solid community! Thank you all! I will see and post stuff as soon as things get better! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes