I’m Gonna Take My Horse to the Old Town Road, I’m Gonna Ride till I Can’t No More

Have any of y’all heard today’s Lil Nas & Billy Ray Cyrus remix of Old Town Road? I know this is early but is this not the best song of 2018, at least best country song… what’re your thoughts on Billboard adding Lil Nas’s song to their hot country songs chart & then removing it. I personally was quite disappointed, they explained that it didn’t “embrace enough elements of today’s country music” but like many have pointed out golden hour was on every country chart, including billboard, and won several country awards despite being a straight up pop album. And don’t even get me started with how long Taylor Swift was on those charts. I’m sorry I feel like I’m taking this harder then the actual artist idk I don’t this was huge and they took it away from him, been following him for awhile now.

5 Likes

Its straight :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I absolutely love the song! On the chart or not on the chart, it’s still #1 in my heart :joy::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

All that matters is that the culture loved it. :100:

1 Like

low key hope the remix changes their minds :rofl:

1 Like

The song is FIRE :fire:

1 Like

Enjoy the song, and a big reason why it got big was because of Tik Tok. Saw it all the time on the app and it seems like my prediction is right and it will become more and more important to the music industry. Like the song, but only cause I’ve heard it so many dang time. Last but not least, a lot of people in country don’t like rap so to see a successful rap/country song in their charts just wasn’t going to fly in my opinion. Rap rock wasn’t popular unitl it was. Same thing is happening to country music and it’s only going to get bigger over the next decade in my opinon.

3 Likes

Umm it’s 2019

TikTok popularized it didn’t it

3 Likes

Literally Nobody:

Silence:

My brain at 2am: "I’vE gOt ThE hOrSeS iN tHe BaCk!"

2 Likes

I hvent been on TikTok in 2 months. It’s kinda only been school, gym, Twitch and Homework.

Lil Nas X: Can’t nobody tells me nothing, you can’t tell me nothing.

Billboard: watch us. Takes old town road off the country charts

4 Likes

@SteveOfTech oof i’m ded lmao :rofl::skull:

I don’t usually like country music but I actually still don’t like this song

@Benf major oof gah damn ! :joy_cat:

1 Like

Lmaoo I’ll admit tho, it’s catchy af

1 Like