I’m getting *lung surgery* this tuesday in the hood! (gone wrong)

So basically my lower part of my left lung said “naw fam” and didn’t grow into airways or nothing and just became an open space, so I’ll be having that bit removed this Tuesday. Tbh the whole operation doesn’t scare me but I’ll be hospitalized for 3-10 days and have a drainage tube leading out of my chest the entire time I’m at the hospital.

I haven’t really talked about it to anyone except my friends since recently because I don’t want to guilt trip people into feeling sorry for me (since it really isn’t ‘scary’), but tbh it’s kinda getting stressful these past nights so I just wanted to get it off my chest (:laughing:)

ily guys, hopefully I don’t die :skull::man_facepalming::crazy_face:

P.S. who else checking their emails for that sweet sweet beta code :thinking::cowboy_hat_face:

23 Likes

good luck man :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

and yees beta gonna be epic :eyes::ok_hand:

7 Likes

You can do it! Good luck!!

5 Likes

wow shoot m8
probably not as serious as yours but i feel ya in that department, got some unknown crap yeeting around in my lungs and crap that never leaves me alone eyyy fingerguns

5 Likes

woah… good luck! hope it all goes okay man👍🏻

5 Likes

Good luck! Praying for you and your speedy recovery :))

6 Likes

Good luck on your lung surgery :heart:

4 Likes

Praying for you. Hope all goes well!!

5 Likes

:pray: Good luck bro. :+1: You’ve come too far to let that stop you. We’ll be here after your surgery. #GetWellSoon

6 Likes

hope it all goes okay ! :~)

6 Likes

Good luck bruh <3

5 Likes

I didn’t tell anyone (except a few mates) about my surgery last year and the response I got was amazing. As for the surgery, it doesn’t really hurt thanks to anaesthetic and painkillers! You’ll pull through, I believe in you :heart:

9 Likes

Thanks guys :heart:

4 Likes

The title sounds like the clickbait that someone like Morgz would do :joy:

Also, get well soon

2 Likes

UPDATE

Instead of having to stay at the hospital for 3-10 days, I got to leave within 48 hours. The operation was perfect and my recovery was extremely quick.

The area the chest tube was (in between my left hand side rib cage) still hurts, but it’s more sore than it was sharp. My left lung THANKfully didn’t remain collapsed and it’s still open to this day.

This was before and after:

Thank you to everyone wishing me good luck on my case :heart:

P.S: for those who don’t know what a catheter is, just be lucky you don’t :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

14 Likes

I’m just now reading this post & seeing your update I’m super glad that everything went quick & smoothly! :yellow_heart:

I remember you mentioning your situation in discord too… so happy to see you’re doing great :pray:t4:

6 Likes

let’s go! Happy to see you good man :sunglasses::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Glad you had a quick recovery, hope you start feeling better soon :pray:

2 Likes

Ay gl bro hope they fixed up that lung like it was never damaged.
Yeah byte hype is high for me rn. Woot Woot!

2 Likes

Happy it all turned out well :two_hearts:

2 Likes