I know you said refrain about usernames, but one thing

hello. so glad i made it on the forum for v2!! anyway, i saw the post that said please refrain from asking about username reservation, but i was confused with what it meant. in one part, did it say that forum username could switch over to v2 usernames? thank you again for bringing back the best app i have ever had.

9 Likes

interesting query

1 Like

i’m pretty sure these forum usernames are completely unrelated to the final v2 app’s usernames.

15 Likes

According to this post, usernames will be selected when the v2 app opens to beta, but will not reflect current usernames on the v2 Community Forum.

9 Likes

I really hope they do

4 Likes
6 Likes

Tbh, I would love to have my username saved, it’s so hard to get a username, that is simply my name.

16 Likes

Yes! I love having my own name as my username

7 Likes

Disregard this.

5 Likes

Didn’t they say in the announcement that vine is unrelated to V2? I don’t see how they could legally roll over followings and old vines to this new service if Vine is still owned by Twitter

15 Likes

Thats a blessing

2 Likes

I meant to fix this. Nothing will be rolled over. Videos and followings from V2 Beta will be rolled over

4 Likes

Oh no, I mean I see where that comes from

2 Likes

Can my vine name be tylerjenkins please. Thx

2 Likes

It would be pretty nice to have the username on here transferred over to the app as we are the early ones supporting v2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, they said that we’re basically “starting from scratch,” so no rollovers Im sure :confused:

2 Likes

this is to true. we should get 1st dibs

3 Likes

Even so, it’s unlikely. Will probably cause some backlash if they gave forum users ‘dibs’.

2 Likes

Can I have the code to v2

1 Like

code to what? The beta testing hasn’t started yet

2 Likes