I either have ocd or i’m a narcissist

I keep looping my own loops. Like and obscene amount of times. At first I though it was just that I found it soothing, but now I am obsessing over the sounds on my alt account. I think my brain is trying to make sure it’s looping the way I want them to.

I can’t stop. :scream_cat: Someone fix me. Or give me a cookie!

*not appropriating ocd or self-diagnosing really but I do have a long family history and my son has been diagnosed with a mild case.

10 Likes

I do the same, but I do it to find ways to improve.

The odd thing is, people tend to like the posts I enjoy the least more than the ones I think are good. Weird.

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone. And same. I am a perfectionist but I don’t know what the line is between being a perfectionist and it being obsessive. :grimacing:

I have a secret, which with this statement is no longer a secret. I am my biggest fan.

4 Likes

Advice from my boss on perfection. “Perfection is the enemy of good enough”. He’d always say that when I would get caught up in the details and counterproductive.

1 Like

See, I’ve always hated myself so I never even considered that. :joy_cat:

Are you sure about that?

2 Likes

Truth. I’m kind of try-hard but in an absolutely genuine way. I don’t know how to turn it off. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Hard to know for sure. But I’m a pretty big fan.

2 Likes

I think the taboo in our society against any behavior that might be considered selfish, egotistic, or narcissistic, prevents people from giving themselves credit, loving themselves, growing, admiring something we have created, etc… It’s a slippery-slope when we even might feel guilty as though there is something wrong with watching our own loops over and over whether for self-critique or admiration. There is a satisfaction I have with watching my own loops. But it comes with knowing the efforts, passion, and expression behind the creation of them.

I wouldn’t worry about being obsessive. There is a process we go through, including an obsessive process, sometimes a “don’t give a f” process, many possibilities and over time we learn and find the right balance for the moment. I allow myself to go through whatever I am feeling at the moment and let it come through the expression. There are times I end up deleting something that just doesnt sit right with me but those occasions have reduced over the years as I’ve cultivated my process.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate you.:yellow_heart:

1 Like

I watch to improve, or if I’m just so stupid proud of what I made (there’s nothing wrong with being proud of your work, you made it :heart:)

1 Like

I appreciate you too.

1 Like

I love your work too. :heartbeat:

1 Like

:cherry_blossom::heartbeat::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

The feeling is very much mutual :blush::two_hearts:

1 Like

ngl since I started singing I’ve been looping those Bytes more :eyes: but purely out of my nitpicking obsession of me tryna find flaws in myself before other people do hahah

1 Like

I really love that you have started sharing your voice. I’m a fan. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

that’s very very kind of you, thank you so much! I used to be straight up petrified of sharing my voice, but I’m gaining confidence:)

1 Like