😬 I don't have a good feeling about this

1. That Page guy sounded incredibly entitled

2. This is concerning. This sounds like we’re getting an app where people with established bases get special attention and nobody else has a chance.

2 Likes

Page Kennedy is an actor/comedian/creator, and I’ve seen his work (it’s pretty good). However, $$ does things to you

1 Like

These viners are doing the equivalent of going into someones house, using their bed, then demanding food from them, claiming that they should be thankful for them choosing their house to sleep in. If you use someones service, don’t demand something out of them.

1 Like

Realistically paying already made stars to use v2 is pointless. If their “fans” download the app to follow them the likelihood is they won’t watch small creators. Also if V2 does well and gets big enough these big creators will come crawling in because they want to be relevant.

PS Page ain’t funny

3 Likes

Dom said himself that everyone will get a chance at V2. So it dosen’t matter if big ex-that app’s name come to V2.

1 Like

I think this interaction is being misread a bit.

To be clear: I want everyone who wants to earn money on v2 to have that opportunity. There are lots of ideas about how to best handle that, but it’s not yet time to make a decision. Right now we’re in information gathering mode, and part of that means talking to people. On the forums, on Twitter, on calls, and in person.

22 Likes

Right said. Keep it up man. We’re ecxited for the app.

1 Like

Most importantly it seems like what people want is transparency between the developers and the creators, something Youtube is really struggling with at the moment. As long as the communication remains as good as it has been, i’m sure things will go great!

1 Like

Okay, Dom, thanks for weighing in. A lot of us former Viners just don’t want to see the same fate happen to V2 due to a small group of greedy content creators with inflated egos. It ended up ruining Vine in the end.

Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this in V2.

3 Likes

Ploy is apparently a swedish non-official version of a “vine 2”

1 Like

Exactly this.

1 Like

That is exactly what made me stop posting to Vine. All I would see was the same Top Viners doing almost the same thing. Some of them didn’t care about creativity near the end. Just money.

4 Likes

Thank god ! I dont want the OF v@ners to be back and having a special treatment!

1 Like

I remeber some vines being just made to promote their channels or sponserships and i hated that

2 Likes

Me too. It was always the sme 20 people on my timeline even if I didn’t follow them they were there because of the revine.

4 Likes

Exactly! The same 20 on the Pop page was getting annoying and I just deleted the app altogether.

I definitely understand your point, but I trust Dom. I’m sure he’ll find a way to make it fair for everyone. I do have to say though, I didn’t really appreciate how those ex viners handled that situation on Twitter. Why whine about how good you are and how you deserve compensation, but instead put your money where your mouth is and do the same thing again on v2. If you’re as funny as you claim to be, then I’m sure you can build a similar following if not better.

2 Likes

One thing I loved about V*ne is that I joined on October 2016 and there were a lot of new creators that i loved that just started to gain attraction but although the famous viners stoped posting their Vs all I would see in the popular page is their Vs

I think everything will end up working out in the end.

I didint trust anybody let it flow and creativity won…