I don't feel warm when visiting Byte anymore

The design of the app has changed way too much in all kinds of directions, and I cant seem to find good bytes in any feed…
Also I cant get myself to come up with byte ideas so thats that.
I hope I can fall in love with the current Byte some day, its just not the same.

11 Likes

Damn I’m trying my best out here man

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard for me to make content now. But I’m still willing to try

3 Likes

I’m not gonna hold you, sometimes change could be pretty scary. Everything you have gotten used to is now a little different. But sometimes change could be for the better, and I think that’s what the byte team is going for. A better experience for everyone.

Keep your head up, I’m sure within time you’ll get used to what they have set up now

4 Likes

True

1 Like

I feel this it’s just the tiktokers -alexbabyxx

2 Likes

Yeah, they changed everything when all of american tiktok moved to new platforms

2 Likes

Wow I wish I could feel your pain but I actually like this layout. Especially since there’s 100 new categories which is actually weird in my opinion. I guess everything has to evolves

1 Like

It was inevitable

1 Like

I’ve been feeling the same! almost every single one of my posts has around 7 really cruel comments about how i look/weigh. I block them all but It really affects my mental health. I don’t know, i just feel so off going into byte now

1 Like

That’s horrible! I’ve never had any comment like that, on any platform really especcially not Byte. Remember, there are whole country’s of people that don’t like how anyone looks, that goes for everyone in the world. But if they are curel about it, it just makes themselves ugly. Bullying is not a sign they are better!

2 Likes

I somewhat did fall in love with it again! I’m not watching any Bytes like I used to, but I fell in love with Vine again so I had to get back into making content myself. I’m also gonna install a cloned apk of the first public version of Byte. If that version hasnt been broken by server updates, It will help me cope with the visual tranformation and shift of focus (which also pulls my videos away from te majority of people probably)

2 Likes

It’ll get better give it a chance. :pleading_face::pray:t4:

1 Like

Or worse, il gave it my everything either way. I miss our honeymoon

It’s not warm because it’s winter now

I’ll see myself out

3 Likes

No, come back inside, I’m giving you a warm welcome.

1 Like

Aw thanks!

I don’t know but I’m not to fond of this “full screen” update. They basically added black bars where the notch is or hole punch is for most of the current gen devices and black bars in the navigation of the app. Idk about you but to me that’s not full screen and looks designed for older phones and not new ones.

Just stuff like that’s alienating the community alone.

2 Likes

I think that design update is probably the best possible compromise.

2 Likes

Ye but like it crops out you content it feels like to me. Like everything in the picture shows for me on reels but then on byte it’s badly cropped.