I do not know how to interact with some of these new comments

With the mass newcomers to Byte I believe most of us are getting new interactions as they explore the app and its content however I do not know how to react or interpret some of these new comments. Let me explain. I have noticed that most comments left on my posts have been kind and reenforced with a “like” of the post. Some of the newer comments are a “no” with a heart emoji or just a “bruh”, I do not take them as positive cause there is not “like” of the post from the individual who left the comment. This leaves me in a space where I do not know how to interact with this no comment especially since I try and respond to all who give the time to comment.

If any of you have explored some of the other topics on here about the negative comments the newbies are leaving I can say I am semi lucky due to receiving just one word comments of a negative nature.

7 Likes

Me neither lol.

8 Likes

I think you just let them happen and hope threaded and liking comments becomes a thing soon. It’s part of alttiktok culture, the commenting thing. I’m getting a crash course from my nearly 15 year old.

4 Likes

ok, all I can say is WOW

2 Likes

If you receive any tidbits of golden info please share them. Some of these comments are passive aggressive in nature.

2 Likes

I’ve also had the one word comments, e.g. “yeah❤️” I have no idea what this means. I can choose to ignore it, but my inquisitive side will not allow me.

2 Likes

Just throw fairy comments at em

4 Likes

Speak their language and they will respect you

That’s how it works

2 Likes

Many of the comments are not to be taken literally, it’s just noise

Commenting is another form of random expression, rather than conveying an actual message

3 Likes

I’m all for the postmodern self expression, but… We do need a baseline lingua franca to come to some kind of understanding.

1 Like

its good lol they r jus joking

2 Likes

I’m not upset I love it lol

3 Likes

I keep getting unfinished sentences :rofl:

Example: Why do men❤

4 Likes

yes those r positive please jus laugh at them i cry laugh to yeah❤️

2 Likes

lol nah, if they wanted to be understood they would use The Common Tongue

2 Likes

nah we gen z

1 Like

That is a great example… maybe it is a fill in the blank message? “why do men…” drink coffee?

1 Like

it’s all mainly just the sarcastic humour that grew on tiktok, it’s how they’re used to interacting and although not always positive, i think it’s something everyone needs to just let happen for a bit until things adjust :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. dont
    or
  2. delete them
    or
  3. (riskier) treat them as compliments and thank them.
2 Likes

gen z just does that.