I can't seem to upload specific videos

This morning I attempted to upload a video I made yesterday but it failed to upload every time, i tried different accounts, restarting my phone, sending myself the video from my computer again, etc. could not upload the video. When I tried uploading other videos half of them worked, the other half would fail to upload like the first. Anyone else having similar issues? I’ve been trying to make this work for 40 minutes now.

Edit: Completely re-exported the video with a different bitrate in my editing software. Still doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Oh no :frowning: and yeah… cc @dom

4 Likes

looking into it. is it possible to share the original video on wetransfer? are you attempting to post a lot in succession?

4 Likes

also confirming you’re trying to upload from iOS?

3 Likes

yup

1 Like

sure, where can I send it to?

1 Like

you can send to dom@byte.co and CC hello@byte.co

3 Likes

I have tried to post it rapidly but i also took 5-10 minute breaks between uploads, just tried it now (40 minutes after last attempt) and it still failed

@LukaBigPants Sorry about that, was an issue on our end. You should be able to post the video now.

1 Like

Great! thanks for the help guys.
Can I ask what was causing the issue?

There was an issue with some of our video upload code on the server that sometimes prevented shorter videos from being uploaded. Thanks for sending us the video, it made it really easy for us to track that down :blush:

3 Likes

Anytime! Thank you, Dom and the rest of the team for having such great support!

3 Likes