I am getting a new phone

i am officially upgrading my iPhone from an 6 to an SE (2nd Gen which is the new version) :smiley:

It is supposed to be here on Friday or Tuesday.

• richard.skinner
9 Likes

Before you actually buy it: The iPhone SE (Second Gen) Is the BEST phone for what you get out of it for the price, but there are two glaring issues that drove me away from replacing my used iPhone 7 with it. The display is the same as that of the iPhone 8, making it awful to deal with in the sun, and the battery is unacceptable in 2020 (It will only last about 2.5-3 hours under average teenage use ie. 1/4 games, 1/4 videos, 1/4 social media, 1/4 other usage, and get even worse as the years go by). Go ahead and get the base iPhone 11 under a carrier deal, like I will in July. Better battery, much better screen, and it will hold it’s value better. The SE’s battery life is completely unacceptable in 2020 considering that the Moto G Power (a $200 low-end Android) lasts 3 times as long as the SE.

1 Like

If you’re getting the new phone for it’s battery life, you’re going to be extremely disappointed.

1 Like

i’m getting the new se as well (converting from an iphone 6 too)! let me know how it goes!!

2 Likes