How's my photography?

I’ve compiled some pictures that I’ve taken with my phone over the past few months, and I wanna know what you guys think of them! I’m saving up for a DSLR, but I first want to see what I can improve on!

IMG_0887
IMG_1002IMG_1292IMG_1236IMG_1293IMG_1304IMG_1299IMG_1238IMG_1237IMG_1294IMG_1311IMG_0897IMG_1307IMG_1303

IMG_1161
IMG_1481
IMG_1497
IMG_1495
IMG_1484
IMG_1480
IMG_1496

13 Likes

Really good pictures. I don’t know much about photography, but there is a youtuber (Peter McKinnon) who you might find interesting.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve watched a few of his videos and enjoyed them, thanks for the recommendation :slight_smile:

1 Like

great pics :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

You have a great eye! These are similar to some of the shots I like to take. I recommend going somewhere so that your pictures aren’t all in the same place? Sometimes it gives you a fresh eye of new things to look at. Find a photographer friend to go with you. Get pictures of each other taking pictures. Have fun :slight_smile: it’s a suuuuper fun hobby

1 Like

These are groovy, if you got more variety you’d be on your way to a great portfolio! Photography is always fun!

2 Likes

Thank you! I have a few large parks near me that I sometimes go to for some better pictures,

1 Like

Macros always been my thing, but I also like landscape photography!

1 Like

They are beautiful & amazing. For the flower pictures focus more on the flower have the background slightly blurred. They are great

1 Like

Yeah! I’m actually trying to sell a camera so I can get one with a better focus for macro pictures. There’s something really calming about when it focuses justttt right

1 Like

The 7th last one was my favourite (the one with coloured lights). The focus on it was very good!

1 Like

Really good :smile: you’ll be unstoppable when you have a DSLR

1 Like

I wish I could control aperture on my phone :frowning: I think there’s an app where you can unlock manual camera settings on you phone not too sure though

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Hopefully it’ll become a big hobby of mine

I was shocked when I took that picture! It was a Christmas tree at night and I was surprised how well the camera took to focusing

1 Like

It is really satisfying when it focuses on the exact detail you wanted it to :joy:

1 Like

Keep it going. Just practise a lot. Shoot how often you can!! I started just like this about 5 years ago

Thank you! I plan to keep up photography for years to come and maybe take some classes for it, who knows it may turn into a job😁

oh okay they’ll look amazing either way

1 Like